Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Garsfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Home Language: English

For Sale: 270-degree Awning

Post by iandvl »

Folkses, Liana and I were discussing a few things quite recently and we decided we need to make some changes to my current touring setup. Amongst other changes, I'm going to be getting a new awning - one with side panels. We've opted for the Tentco one.

This means that I've got a fairly well-used 270-degree awning up for grabs. I think this is one of the ones manafactured by Peter Connan, but I may be incorrect. I obtained it second hand from Fanus several years ago.

The original design had a metal case with a slide-lid. When I received the item, the slide-lid was very badly / irreparably damaged, so I had a bag manufactured. I also replaced the awning sheet.

It's toured a lot with me, and it has had a fairly hard life. The brackets have broken on one or two occasions (very gust winds on the West coast of ZA and Namibia come to mind). After this, I've just normally rewelded the broken joints and carried on. Also, the one sleeve where the bracket fits into the sheet has stitching that has come loose. I've worked it closed again in the meantime, but that was done whilst out camping / touring and was not done properly. ie: it may come loose again.

The awning, closed and open, looks as follows:
awning-1.jpg
awning-1.jpg (280.53 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
awning-2.jpg
awning-2.jpg (296.9 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Given the fact that I bought the item relatively cheaply, and also due to it's current condition, I cannot really ask mega-bucks for it. I reckon R1K is probably reasonable, but I am open to suggestions. Available for collection in Pretoria East. Please PM if you want to make an offer.
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80
ruankruger333
Full Name: Ruan Smit Kruger
Nickname: Ruan
Home Town: Benoni
Current 4x4: 1995 TD42 N/A Patrol
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: For Sale: 270-degree Awning

Post by ruankruger333 »

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MartinL
Full Name: Martin Lottering
Nickname: Martin
Home Town: Paarl
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 3.0D M57
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: For Sale: 270-degree Awning

Post by MartinL »

Hi, is this still available, pls send me a message on 0768146912 i am intrested.

Return to “38. Vehicles Accessories For Sale/Swap”