Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Garsfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Home Language: English

Another Gem: Kiaat Caravan Park - Hazyview

Post by iandvl »

As I think I've mentioned, I recently did a mini-river trip and a tour to the kruger. Mini being I led a much smaller group down the Letaba River from Giyani to Kruger fence. After following the Kruger fence road back to the tar, we checked in at Kruger and had a leisurely three days camping at Letaba, Satara and Skukuza respectively. After Skukuza, the group split up, with two of the vehicles heading back home via Nelspruit. Liana and I split off from the group and headed home via Hazyview and Dullstroom.

Anyways, we camped at Kiaat Caravan Park just outside Hazyview. Cannot remember what we paid, but it was something like ZAR270 for the two of us.

They've got several small grassed, shaded stands with power. The ablutions are spotless and they even a "free" washing machine / tumble dryer - something I needed seriously after several days of camping... There is also a swimming pool and, as one can infer by the name, they do have the chalet option too but I cannot speak about them - we camped.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anybody is ever looking for spots up that side. I highly recommend the spot.
kiaat.jpg
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80

Return to “24. Trip Reports”