Full Name: Timothy Fair
Nickname: Tim
Home Town: Mozambique
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 3.0Di
Home Language: English

Patrol Central Locking Actuator

Post by timfairmoz »

Hi guys,

I am looking for aftermarket door lock actuators for front RHS door and both rear passenger doors on my Patrol 3.0.
The drivers door does not lock and unlock at all with the remote or central locking button on the door panel - I can only lock/unlock with the key, while the rear doors unlock without any problems but wont lock with the central locking.

I have removed the locking mechanism from the drivers door and found that the little motor in the locking actuator must have seized and overheated, melting the plastic gear and actuator body together. (I had to break the actuator open to confirm this).
I haven't checked the issue with the rear doors yet, but I presume that it is related to the drivers door as they all started giving problems at the same time.

Nissan has quoted an exorbitant amount for a new actuator, so does anybody know if/where I can get a compatible aftermarket actuator in SA?

Regards,
Tim
IMG_8274.JPG
IMG_8274.JPG (1014.1 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
IMG_8275.JPG
IMG_8275.JPG (621.5 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
AndriesS
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Andries
Nickname: None
Home Town: Pretoorsdorp
Current 4x4: 4.8 GL with hairdryer.
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Patrol Central Locking Actuator

Post by AndriesS »

I've replaced most of mine with standard aftermarket actuators that you find at most Radio / alarm fitment stores. - I think it is actually only the passenger front door and the barn door that uses the original Nissan part still.

I buy a kit similar to this one and only use the actuators
https://www.takealot.com/central-lockin ... ID57687870

You will have to fit them, find a easy place where the motion is in line with the locking lever coming from the inside door handle. and then you just need to check the direction but you can wire them directly to the existing wires. For the back doors there are only two wires and for the driver door there will be a four wire unit.

You can also try David Volschenk , he should have stock on 2nd hand Nissan ones if you want to stay original.

Return to “13. Electrical & Electronics”