FordGuy
Full Name: Chris Vercuiel
Nickname: Chris
Home Town: Roodepoort
Current 4x4: Super Ranger
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Let's talk spotlights

Post by FordGuy »

I have the stedi mini light bars on my ranger. I love them. Low profile and they works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oetie
Full Name: Leon Fouche
Nickname: Oetie
Home Town: Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
Current 4x4: 2009 TD42T Patrol

Post by Oetie »

FordGuy wrote: 19 May 2020 21:37 I have the stedi mini light bars on my ranger. I love them. Low profile and they works
I like what I see, thx!!
One life, live it to the fullest!!
ORRA - L65
HAM - ZS6LEF

Tlou - 2009 Patrol TD42T
mvcoller
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Malcolm van Coller
Nickname: mvcoller
Home Town: In most reverse order - Jhb, V-Town, Vryburg, CT
Current 4x4: 2008 3.0 Di Patrol GL
and
1999 4.5 Patrol SGL
Home Language: Afr & Eng

Post by mvcoller »

Those 2 smaller lightbars seem to conform to all visible legal requirements regarding their positioning and their illumination is brilliant. Is it connected to brights only?

I do however not know if you would not be targeted by Namibian or even local traffic police for those. The Namibian legislation seems to count each LED as a globe. Legislation limits the number of lights to the front of vehicle to 6, 3 per side The counting each LED as a globe is not the case in SA, although the number is also limited to 6. Here they seem more interested in the Emark from Europe or a SABS mark, if either is not present, is is deemed illegal.
FordGuy
Full Name: Chris Vercuiel
Nickname: Chris
Home Town: Roodepoort
Current 4x4: Super Ranger

Post by FordGuy »

mvcoller wrote:Those 2 smaller lightbars seem to conform to all visible legal requirements regarding their positioning and their illumination is brilliant. Is it connected to brights only?

I do however not know if you would not be targeted by Namibian or even local traffic police for those. The Namibian legislation seems to count each LED as a globe. Legislation limits the number of lights to the front of vehicle to 6, 3 per side The counting each LED as a globe is not the case in SA, although the number is also limited to 6. Here they seem more interested in the Emark from Europe or a SABS mark, if either is not present, is is deemed illegal.
Ek het nog nooit moeilikheid gekry met hulle nie en is al deur paar roadblocks en hulle werk saam bright maar het ook n aparte skakelaar om af te sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaasWiets
Full Name: Wietsche Swanepoel
Nickname: Wiets
Home Town: Delmas
Current 4x4: Nissan Hardbody
Nissan Patrol

Post by BaasWiets »

Ek het n stel Hella supernova 9 duim op en hulle skyn ok baie beter as n halogan van 130watt ek het eers n stel kc gehad met 130watt globes en daai was stront daars nou n special by kruger solar vir die 9 duim en die 6 duim vir baie goedkoop. En dit help as jy daai orange covers opsit die blou lig wat led ligte gee irreteer jou oë dit is hukm dit so skerp lyk. Maar na so 3ure se ry is jou kop so seer jy wil vrek sonder daai covers daai orange covers maak dit baie meer hanteerbaar. Mooi ligte maar vir soos R20000.00 n stel is baja lp9.

Return to “13c. Headlights and Replacement Lights”