Kirbster
Full Name: Hugh Kirby
Nickname: Hugh
Home Town: Durbanville
Current 4x4: 2014 Nissan Patrol GRX 4800
Home Language: English

Re: GU Y61 Rear Windows Mod?

Post by Kirbster »

JohnBoyZA wrote: 23 Nov 2019 11:16 That looks good, thanx for sharing Hugh. Can you please check if a mounted a fridge against the back seat (I have a 40l Engel fridge) facing the side window will be accessible.

Thank you
John
Hey John

Take a look at the latest pictures I posted of the wings now that I've collected the Troll. There is a picture where you can see my hand sticking through the window which is where abouts the lid of the fridge would be if it were fitted inside the vehicle.
- Previous 4x4: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 dCI AT. ARB Suspension and ARB Rear Locker.
- Currently Towing: 2017 Conqueror Comfort Trailer with factory mounted bush awning.
- YouTube: "Simple Life Overlanding"
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Thank you Hugh!

That's gonna work and looks like great finishing ... total cost now that all is done?
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
Kirbster

Post by Kirbster »

JohnBoyZA wrote: 25 Nov 2019 18:46 Thank you Hugh!

That's gonna work and looks like great finishing ... total cost now that all is done?
Hi John

It was R11.6k for Big Country Wing (incl freight from JHB to CPT) + R4.3k for fitment, but when Big Country couldn't supply, then we kept the cost the same and went for the custom hand built option that took almost 2 weeks to complete because the wings were built from scratch and I went with a smooth plate option that requires a lot more attention to detail as it reveals imperfections more than a checkered finish. So all in it was R16k, which is quite up there ito of pricing, but it gives me options now to better use the rear space and I have some big plans for January 2020 to build in a proper drawer system and kitchen unit for decent overlanding.

I'm sure there guys out there who can do it cheaper, but I don't have the skills or the time to do this myself. I do however have a long standing relationship with R&D and I trust them with my money to do I want. I'm a very happy customer now and the next phase is about to begin...Brown Davis long range tanks arrive in January 😎
Last edited by Kirbster on 26 Nov 2019 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
- Previous 4x4: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 dCI AT. ARB Suspension and ARB Rear Locker.
- Currently Towing: 2017 Conqueror Comfort Trailer with factory mounted bush awning.
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Thank you for all the info. :thumbup:
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
Kirbster

Post by Kirbster »

BaasWiets wrote: 23 Nov 2019 10:11 Môre wat het R&D jou gevra om daai te maak en te fitt sal hulle so iets dalk verkoop aangesien hulle mos nou n template het vanaf jou voertuig. Aangesien jy in kaapstad is.
Hey BaasWiets

See subsequent post to John where I discuss the total cost of the installation.

Cheers
Hugh

Return to “11. Chassis, Bodywork & Trim”