First Mod

Bullbars, roof racks, suspensions and other accessories relating to vehicle performance
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: First Mod

Post by Michael »

Grant wrote:Hi Gents,

Just read this article first.

http://www.safarisnorkel.com/
Grant, I get what you are saying and it is understandable that Safari makes top products which might last much longer that the no name brands that are available. This is true for all the top brands, they have been around for years and do a lot of research and testing so one can understand why their products are more expensive.

The reality is that for me personally I cannot spend R6,500 on a snorkel that will do exactly what the no name brand will do for R1,900. The biggest reason for this is that I cannot afford it... I'm sure I am not the only bloke that have to turn around cents and shop around for bargains. My "cheap" snorkel will not influence the reliability of my engine in any way so its not quite the same as installing a no name brand turbo charger or using the cheapest engine oil on the market.

So I am quite happy that there popped up companies making cheaper no name brand snorkels so that I can also pimp out my ride. :blonde:
I have fitted my 4x4direct snorkel myself and it fits perfectly on my Patrol and it really does not look or feel like a cheap low quality product. All the joins come together nicely and I will guarantee that it seals air tight.

just my personal opinion
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: First Mod

Post by Tinus lotz »

We must also remember like all things people have got with it regarding proper products look at kia and some of the other eastern cars .....was rubbish at first but now very good because they need to compete with existing market..

Return to “18. Vehicle Accessories”