Rhett
Full Name: Rhett van der Stelt
Nickname: Rhett
Home Town: Heidelberg
Current 4x4: 3.2Did Shorty Pajero
Home Language: English

Re: Patrol Insurance

Post by Rhett »

I'm with a broker, been with them for around 17 years, Edge Insurance.

Patrol indemnity limit is R180 000, full comprehensive, also insured for SADC and 4x4 routes (excludes stupid and reckless mistakes I'm sure) - R 590

I would like to insure it for extra's, but I have none, so any donations ie, steel bumpers, winch, HID spots etc will be accepted.
Rhett
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9e98c ... XUyixKJavQ

Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Toyota Land Cruiser HJ45
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Michael »

Tommie, dankie vir jou post. Dit is juis jou ongeluk wat my laat begin wonder het of alles in plek is.

Ek wil nie kanse vat nie en wil verseker my versekering in orde kry indien so iets gebeur en soos ons nou gesien het kan dit baie maklik gebeur.

Watse versekering of makelaar is jy by?
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
offroadbiker
Full Name: Dirk de Clerk
Nickname: ORB
Home Town: Krugersdorp
Current 4x4: Patrol GQ 4.2 ST
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by offroadbiker »

You have to compare apples with apples if you want to look at the monthly premium between the different insurance guys.

Are you covered on a 4x4 trail?
Will they get your vehicle back in the RSA or do you have to get it to the border and only then will they take over?
Do they cover water damage?
Do they cover accessories? if they don't ask you to specify they not going to cover it!!!
Do they cover X amount for repairs outside RSA to get you going again?

Will they get your trailer back home as well? - was with Cross country and the Isuuz broke down they fetched my vehicle but I had to get the trailer home..

Secondly what about passengers? - same case as above, the guy pitches with his tow vehicle but can only take one passenger my family had to get a lift from someone else :surprised:

Maybe we should try and see if we can get a broker to join us as a group and let him present their product??
Dirk
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 ST
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

I'm with Tuffstuff for many years. Patrol is covered for the full price I paid for it, and the extras ( which is believe it or not more than the vehicle value !!! :surprised: :surprised: ) and my wifes car and the house and contents. The premium I think is fair. Bear in mine that a lower premium means a higher excess when it comes to crunch time. I have had to claim twice from them for issues on the house ( Solar geyser burst and a power surge ). I called them up and before I could blink an eye the money was in my account and I could then replace. I also have something on the cars that covers the excess if something happens. Generally I am VERY happy with their service, and can recommend them for this type of grudge purchase.
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
David M
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: David Marais
Nickname: David Marais
Home Town: Midrand
Current 4x4: 1998 4.5 GL Patrol
2006 4.2 Td Bakkie (SWAMBO's) - The "Firetruck"

Post by David M »

Another thing to check on with the older vehicles -

'98 Patrol 4.5 GL
Retail book value = R 80 000
Extras value = R 100 000
Insured value = R 180 000

Write off at 70% and here check whether it is Retail book value or Insured value.

Some are at Retail book value so R 80 000 X 70% = R 56 000 write off value, they take your vehicle and pay you out.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
There are still places out there!!!! - Daniel Goz - The "Tapam" movie
offroadbiker
Full Name: Dirk de Clerk
Nickname: ORB
Home Town: Krugersdorp
Current 4x4: Patrol GQ 4.2 ST
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by offroadbiker »

Tuffstuff pays out the full ensured amount minus the excess (which costs R45 a month to wave).

And they DO pay out, wrote of the motorbike, insured for R55k, would have been lucky if I was able to sell it privately for R30k book value was less. They just deducted the excess as I only have the wave option on the Troll and paid out the rest into my bank account.

I smiled all the way, bought the current bike cash and still had 13k or so that I used on the cruiser
Dirk
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 ST
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

Yip same setup on my Patrol, so if the poop hits the fan I know I will be able to get a decent Patrol and be able to fit the extras on that I need/want
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
georgeb
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: George Brittnell
Nickname: georgeb
Home Town: Hartbeespoort
Current 4x4: 2004 Patrol 4.8 GRX

Post by georgeb »

Tommie wrote:van mening dat cross country nie sleg is nie.
Na baie smarte van "IP address blacklisted" hier in Moz - nogal Vodaocm 3G IP's, is ek eindelik nou weer instaat om iets te post hier - het hierdie post al 5 keer oor en oor getik - het nog nooit gehoor van copy en waste nie....

Ek is reeds sedert 2009 'n lid van Cross Country (die dae van die HB). Ek het die volledige 4x4 pakket van Cross Country so binne en buite SA is ek redelik gesort. Ek betaal tans so amper R800.00 vir die Patrol per maand.

Die een aspek van CC wat ek nog nie by ander versekeraars teëgekom het nie, is die feit dat hulle jou bybetaling "wave" wanneer jy 2 jaar eisvry bereik - nie per motor nie, sedert jy by hulle aangesluit het - ononderbroke natuurlik - en dit kos niks ekstra nie. 'n Maat van my met dieselfde waiver se eis van 27k, is onlangs ten volle betaal sonder dat dit hom 'n sent gekos het.

Indien jy belangstel, stuur my 'n PM en ek stuur jou my hele kontrak en jy kan sommer self lees - ek het ook 'n Makelaar kontak vir CC waarna ek jou kan verwys - nee, ek kry nie kommissie nie - wil net help waar ek kan.
Attachments
CC
CC
Capture.JPG (32.03 KiB) Viewed 4144 times
Groete/Regards,

George Brittnell
Michael

Post by Michael »

Update on my policy
They have added some more extras on my Patrol and is now insured for just under R160,000 and premium went up to R370 with no excess.

As far as I know on a write off they pay out between trade and retail so it should be more than 70% of the insured value.
A bought a hilux on auction once, and spoke to the owner who used to own the Lux, he was paid out around R15k under retail so should be around there

Michael

Post by Michael »

David M wrote:Another thing to check on with the older vehicles -

'98 Patrol 4.5 GL
Retail book value = R 80 000
Extras value = R 100 000
Insured value = R 180 000

Write off at 70% and here check whether it is Retail book value or Insured value.

Some are at Retail book value so R 80 000 X 70% = R 56 000 write off value, they take your vehicle and pay you out.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
This is what Santam does as I raised this question with them. The numbers at the bottom is on my actual patrol........better than I thought :thumbup:

Santam works on retail value. They use the retail of the vehicle at the date of loss. So let's say your vehicle is worth R100,000.00 today, but in 4 months you have an accident and on that day your vehicle's resale value is R94,000.00, then the insurance will be R94,000.00.
Your Nissan's current retail value is R89,800.00, along with your extras it is R158,800.00. If your vehicle is written off, they work at the retail price of R89,800.00 and then they will pay you your extras. Remember that extras are paid according to your proof and new quotation

Return to “15. Other Patrol Stuff”