Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: English
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Re: TD42 all of a sudden overheating

Post by ricster »

I just want to let everyone know what I experienced from a certain company. I don't get anything out of this, so it is a genuine happiness award to Marino4x4 here on the forum who with him and his wife, run Terain 4x4 Parts. ( http://www.terrainparts.co.za/ ).

They really went above and beyond expectations, and I really want to thank them for what they did. Marinus asked me for my address and within a day or 2 a parcel arrived from Bloenfontein at my local Postnet with the GQ set of hoses which he had in stock. He told me to check and see if it will work for me on my GU, and if it does then we can sort out the moneys, if not I can courier it back to him. Holy smoke.... Where does one see this kind of service !!

So off home I go with a closed up parcel, and when I get home I eagerly open up the packaging to reveal this.......
DSC_1226.JPG
DSC_1226.JPG (474.34 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
DSC_1227.JPG
DSC_1227.JPG (365.09 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Even my wife commented on how professional and classy the packaging looked. In the package is the 2 hoses and clamps !!!.... I love my local spares shop but this really looks the part....no pun intended....
The look like proper quality and for the price, I doubt my spares shop can do any better in price !!

Now the sad part, I would have to do some cutting and tweeking to the top hose to get it to fit, and the bottom hose is very different to the GU bottom hose, so instead of cutting it, I'm going to push my luck and wait for the GU set to arrive from Australia and hopefully get that fitted before the 7th of April when I go off to Mozambique.

So lets hold thumbs that everything works out well and they arrive in time.

Again a huge thanks to Marinus and his wife for their great service...... I will be ordering new front and back brake rotors and pads from them too shortly.
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD

Return to “09. Engines”