BernardM wrote:1. Name: Bernard Meyer (BernardM)
2. Birthday and Age: 20 May /45
3. Town and Country of residence: Pretoria
4. Home Language: Afrikaans/German
5. Occupation/Business: Automation Commissioning Engineer / Self Employed
6. Family status: Married/ 1 daughter
7. Membership - Other 4X4 Clubs and Forums: 4x4 Community, Wegry Kampvuur, Wegsleep forum, Syncro SA, Aircooled VW SA
8. Current 4x4: VW Syncro Kombi, VW Syncro DC
9. Current Mods: Off-road shock & springs, long range tanks, dual spare wheels, roof rack, rack system for fridge & camp kitchen
10. Mods on wish list: Rear discs
11. Vehicle on wish list: Patrol
12. Previous 4x4's: None
13. Last 3 offroad or overland destinations: Botswana, Zimbabwe
14. Your favourite destination: Botswana
15. Other hobbies: Camping
16. GPSr and Map Data used: Garmin 760 with T4A, Tablet with Sygic Mapping
17. Rate your 4X4 and overlanding experience: 5/10
18. Online Photo Site:
19. Photos of you and your Vehicle:
Hello to everyone. Obviously I am new to the forum.
I have basically driven only VWs for most of my life, but I have always had a thing for Patrols and I think that it might be time to get one.
So now I need to decide which model to go for. My brother-in-law, who has had probably all the Nissans ever made, suggested a 4.8 liter.
What do you guys suggest SGL, 4.5, 4.8, diesel? Unfortunately I'm not Rockerfeller, so I'm looking at something that I can buy cash.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests