Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Advice needed on 2010 GRX petrol Auto

Post by Bruin Beer »

Karld
Baie welkom. Kyk ook na die volgende:
http://www.cornwallhillmotors.co.za/Veh ... px?id=6770
Lyk van buite baie mooi en in Grahm se omgewing.
Lekker koop.
Bruin Beer
Picasso
Full Name: HS
Nickname: Picasso
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol
T3 Syncro
Home Language: German

Post by Picasso »

The Cornwallhillmotors one:

Nicely kitted Vehicle
Full service record (but not with Nissan Dealer or Graham)
Steel-bumper, winch, Roof rack, drawer system dual battery system, raised suspension / koni shocks etc.
No visible under-body damage. Paintwork so so... Damage / dent right rear door , minor chips and scratched.
Interior OK. Has Melvil Moon Seat covers ... but pretty worn.
Drives ok, nothing suspicious everything seams to work. Interior rattles on uneven roads which could be linked to the drawer system. All in all a good value for money vehicle if one looks for a kitted out vehicle.
:salute:
Last edited by Picasso on 05 Sep 2016 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
karldDanneberg
Full Name: Karl Danneberg
Nickname: Karl
Home Town: Durbanville
Current 4x4: Patrol TB48
Home Language: English

Post by karldDanneberg »

Tinus, ek is in die Kaap, is die patrol saam met hom?

Karl
karldDanneberg

Post by karldDanneberg »

Picasso wrote:The Cornwallhillmotors one:

Nicely kitted Vehicle
Full service record (but not with Nissan Dealer or Graham)
Steel-bumper, winch, Roof rack, drawer system dual battery system, raised suspension / koni shocks etc.
No visible under-body damage. Paintwork so so... Damage / dent right rear door , minor chips and scratched.
Interior OK. Has Melvil Moon Seat covers ... but pretty worn.
Drives ok, nothing suspicious everything seams to work. Interior rattles on uneven roads which could be linked to the drawer system. All in all a good value for money vehicle if one looks for a kitted out vehicle.
:salute:
Thanks Picasso, I presume you've taken a look at her?
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

Nee ma hy besit die kar van die vloer af hy besit carefull carriers so hy ga 2dae elke week of 2 kaap toe .
Hy tree nou af en het al sy kamp goed verkoop ....ek ken die kar van nuut af baie mooi opgepas ek dink dit is n 2011 model sal more alles vir jou deur stuur :salute:
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

Ek het nounet jou eerste post mooi gelees ...
Jeeps is great rock crawlers ma sleep nie lekke nie weens kort wiel basis.
Pakplek is altyd lekke en 7 sitplekke is ook n wenner
Daar is n paar manne wat groot bote met hulle patrols sleep en van hulle het eers met d4 gedoen tot ratkaste in limp in gegaan het .
In dubai sit die manne 1000hp op die standaard driverrain en hulle hou so ja deftentief iets om na te kyk
miles
Full Name: Ismail Sonday
Nickname: miles
Home Town: Cape Town
Current 4x4: 2003 Nissan Patrol 4800 GRX
2006 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4
1985 Nissan Patrol (safari) Station Wagon V8

Post by miles »

4.8 tows very very well! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Just don't ask what the fuel economy is when i tow...... :lol: :lol:

Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

Welkom Karl!! :salute: :salute:
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

Basically just across the main highway is Frans Fourie ( tour de Frans here on the forum). He isn't often on here, but knows a Patrol backwards. He is a straight up honest guy, and has even worked on my Patrol when I come down to the Cape from Jhb.

Out of the list of vehicles you mentioned, the Patrol stands out as the best all round vehicle. I am a diesel nut with a 4.2 turbo diesel, and love my diesel. It tows pretty damn good, but I think for what you want to do with it, the 4.8 petrol will be the best all round vehicle for sure. Yes they are thirsty, but so what.... its not going to be much thirstier than any other big block petrol motor. Maintenance is minimal, service is "cheap" ( Frans will look after you there for sure ), and the drivetrain on these beasts is really over designed for what we would use them for.

I think, like Tinus mentioned, the Land Cruiser VX will be the only vehicle to compare against, and although I have never owned a Cruiser, I would still say the Patrol is stronger mechanically ( just look at the size difference between the diffs for example ), and the Patrols sell for a bit less than the Cruisers for the same mileage/age/condition vehicles. Better value for money !!

People say ...."Ja the cruiser has front and rear lockers.... yada yada yada.... The Patrol only has a rear locker". With the size and strength of the Patrol diffs, the rear diff lock is the weak point. Thank goodness this is so, as you would rather break a difflock than a diff.... and you have to do real silly stuff to break a Patrol difflock !!
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
karldDanneberg

Post by karldDanneberg »

ricster wrote:Basically just across the main highway is Frans Fourie ( tour de Frans here on the forum). He isn't often on here, but knows a Patrol backwards. He is a straight up honest guy, and has even worked on my Patrol when I come down to the Cape from Jhb.

Out of the list of vehicles you mentioned, the Patrol stands out as the best all round vehicle. I am a diesel nut with a 4.2 turbo diesel, and love my diesel. It tows pretty damn good, but I think for what you want to do with it, the 4.8 petrol will be the best all round vehicle for sure. Yes they are thirsty, but so what.... its not going to be much thirstier than any other big block petrol motor. Maintenance is minimal, service is "cheap" ( Frans will look after you there for sure ), and the drivetrain on these beasts is really over designed for what we would use them for.

I think, like Tinus mentioned, the Land Cruiser VX will be the only vehicle to compare against, and although I have never owned a Cruiser, I would still say the Patrol is stronger mechanically ( just look at the size difference between the diffs for example ), and the Patrols sell for a bit less than the Cruisers for the same mileage/age/condition vehicles. Better value for money !!

People say ...."Ja the cruiser has front and rear lockers.... yada yada yada.... The Patrol only has a rear locker". With the size and strength of the Patrol diffs, the rear diff lock is the weak point. Thank goodness this is so, as you would rather break a difflock than a diff.... and you have to do real silly stuff to break a Patrol difflock !!

Thank you Ricster, I presume Frans is based in WC?

I agree with your sentiment regarding the fuel consumption, I quote someone on this forum or another forum, "Patrol Petrol owners pay for maintenance at the pump" :lol:

Ive owned a VX and while I loved it and drove till 250k I started getting nervous about the electronics and air-suspension systems, same applied to both my Discovery 3 and 4. Then there is the diesel side to the equation and all the risk associated with that.
The best car I've owned was a Prado VX 4l V6 petrol, I put 190k on the clock and experienced ZERO issues. We towed fully laden wakeboats with 1600litres of ballast in the boat between Cape Town and Clanwilliam most weekends for 5 years and when we weren't doing that I was dragging an 2.5t acecat to the slipway. The prado service cost R1500 max....the fuel was 15l/100km, always entertaining seeing the petrol attendants concerns when refuelling.

Im expecting the same service from the patrol... :biggrin:

Return to “15. Other Patrol Stuff”