Looks like a more modern version of my 1999 4.2D GL. You find them often in other SADC countries but I don't think they were ever sold by Nissan SA. I stand to be corrected but compared to the SA GL versions they were fitted with:
1) 16X6jj steel rims and 235/85/16 tyres, some even with 7.50's!
2) No wheel arch fenders because of the narrower wheel/tyre combination
3) No rear lights in the bumper at the back (what a blessing!) - I think because of the narrower spare wheel
4) 7 seats with overhead aircon for passengers at the back and
5) No black or colour coded strips on the side
They look a bit "kaalgat" but you'll be hard pressed to find something which is better suited for your African safari.
Kobus du Toit
1999 Patrol 4.2D
2002 Hilux D/C KZ-TE 4X4
1971 Peugeot 404 S/W