Patrol Pics



Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby iandvl » 14 Dec 2015 09:22

Apologies - I've been very quite for the last week. However, I was on my first proper "see-vakansie" in about two years, and pretty much did not touch my laptop / cell phone for a week.

In any case, since I was at the coast with my wife and kids, and my parents also drove down for a little, we ended up using the Patrol as a run around so that we didn't have to go around everywhere in two cars. It's the nice part of having a seven-seater vehicle.

The joke of the matter now is that we have another convert. My father has decided he *needs* to get a manual 4.5 GRX, and has tasked me to look out for one. Yes, I know, the 4.5 has slightly less power than the 4.8, but the chances of finding one over a 4.8 manual (my old man does not do the automatic thing) are much better. Also, I know that the 4.2 and 3.0 have better fuel consumption, but my father wants a petrol (sorry Cedric). He's a man of considerable taste that way... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

In short: if anybody is stupid enough to want to dispose of their 4.5, please let me know. It is a serious buyer, and it will be a cash deal.

Thanks a stack.

Ian

Edit: Ideally, he would like a GRX. But he would settle for a GL too.
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman
Patrolman
 
Posts: 874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Brits
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4
Home Language: English

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby petri oosthuizen » 14 Dec 2015 09:59

My 98 GRX might be up for sale - R 100 000.

Car is in good nick - please search some posts on it in here.

I'm saying "might", as I'm considering buying a newer model 4800 GL/GRX. In short - my gat jeuk eintlik maar net.

Let me know if you are interested.

Previous owner's details are available, and the car has also been maintained by Graham from GTECH - he also has some maintenance history on it.

Mileage is 200 000.
"Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' corner, and knowing he wants to go home early tonight"..........Max Baer
petri oosthuizen
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 20 Dec 2009 19:25
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Full Name: oosthuizen
Nickname: petri
Home Town: bethlehem, eastern fs
Current 4x4: 1988 landcruiser fj62
1997 landcruiser fzj 75
1983 landcruiser hj 47
1976 landcruiser fj 45
1976 jeep cj5
1992 landcruiser fj 75
Home Language: afrikaans

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby iandvl » 14 Dec 2015 10:01

petri oosthuizen wrote:My 98 GRX might be up for sale - R 100 000.

Car is in good nick - please search some posts on it in here.

I'm saying "might", as I'm considering buying a newer model 4800 GL/GRX. In short - my gat jeuk eintlik maar net.

Let me know if you are interested.

Previous owner's details are available, and the car has also been maintained by Graham from GTECH - he also has some maintenance history on it.

Mileage is 200 000.


Petri,

I've seen all the threads on your Patrol, and I like it very much. If you're going to sell it, please, please, please keep me in the loop.

Thanks a stack.

Ian
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman
Patrolman
 
Posts: 874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Brits
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4
Home Language: English

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby Michael » 14 Dec 2015 10:04

You can also send Gerhard Smith (smi01466) a pm as he is selling his 4.5 GRX at the moment as well

2000 Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
289000km
White
Roof Rack, snorkel, warn winch
33' BFG MT's with 60% left
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
User avatar
Michael
Moderator
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: 05 Mar 2014 14:39
Location: Centurion, PTA
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 186 times
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby petri oosthuizen » 14 Dec 2015 10:46

Ian, 100 000 viskoppe and its yours. I'm in no rush, but if you guys are, it's OK.

I'm here for most of December.

That sluk sluk that I have is almost gone, the car really is in a great condition otherwise. I would suggest we sort of "meet" at GTECH or something first, and that you are all smiles, before I receive payment.

If you really are interested just let me know, and I'll then put you sort of 1st in the queue.

Maar ek verkoop die Trol met 'n lekker hart........sal nie my naam onnodig gat maak op 'n Oop Forum nie. :wink:
"Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' corner, and knowing he wants to go home early tonight"..........Max Baer
petri oosthuizen
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 20 Dec 2009 19:25
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Full Name: oosthuizen
Nickname: petri
Home Town: bethlehem, eastern fs
Current 4x4: 1988 landcruiser fj62
1997 landcruiser fzj 75
1983 landcruiser hj 47
1976 landcruiser fj 45
1976 jeep cj5
1992 landcruiser fj 75
Home Language: afrikaans

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby iandvl » 14 Dec 2015 10:48

petri oosthuizen wrote:Ian, 100 000 viskoppe and its yours. I'm in no rush, but if you guys are, it's OK.

I'm here for most of December.

That sluk sluk that I have is almost gone, the car really is in a great condition otherwise. I would suggest we sort of "meet" at GTECH or something first, and that you are all smiles, before I receive payment.

If you really are interested just let me know, and I'll then put you sort of 1st in the queue.

Maar ek verkoop die Trol met 'n lekker hart........sal nie my naam onnodig gat maak op 'n Oop Forum nie. :wink:



Patri,

100%. At work today, will chat to my old man this afternoon, and PM you tomorrow to work out when / where. Did you not mention that you still needed it for holiday this December ?

Ian
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman
Patrolman
 
Posts: 874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Brits
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4
Home Language: English

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby petri oosthuizen » 14 Dec 2015 10:59

Would be great if I could only let it go after XMas etc etc Ian, but buyers don't want to wait - I know that, and no problem with that.

I have other vehicles etc etc, so it's actually no problem.

As I said, I really like Graham, he knows the car, and I'd like to sort of let him give the car a sort of "clean bill".......I'm not mechanically minded.

But, in 3000 km's, apart from that "sluk", NO issues whatsoever.

Graham gave me an Invoice of what he has done on this car at around 190 000 km........will mail that to you.

My email address is petri@isat.co.za

I'll be selling this with as much transparency as possible - that's for sure. As said, especially in here. :wink:
"Fear?? Looking over at Joe Louis' corner, and knowing he wants to go home early tonight"..........Max Baer
petri oosthuizen
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 20 Dec 2009 19:25
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Full Name: oosthuizen
Nickname: petri
Home Town: bethlehem, eastern fs
Current 4x4: 1988 landcruiser fj62
1997 landcruiser fzj 75
1983 landcruiser hj 47
1976 landcruiser fj 45
1976 jeep cj5
1992 landcruiser fj 75
Home Language: afrikaans

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby iandvl » 14 Dec 2015 11:50

petri oosthuizen wrote:Would be great if I could only let it go after XMas etc etc Ian, but buyers don't want to wait - I know that, and no problem with that.

I have other vehicles etc etc, so it's actually no problem.

As I said, I really like Graham, he knows the car, and I'd like to sort of let him give the car a sort of "clean bill".......I'm not mechanically minded.

But, in 3000 km's, apart from that "sluk", NO issues whatsoever.

Graham gave me an Invoice of what he has done on this car at around 190 000 km........will mail that to you.

My email address is petri@isat.co.za

I'll be selling this with as much transparency as possible - that's for sure. As said, especially in here. :wink:


Petri,

No crises. Whilst my father really wants one, I think he will happily wait until after Christmas. So I don't think there will be crises. Shall confirm with him this evening and let you know.

I'll PM you my e-mail address now.

Thanks for the effort.

Ian
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman
Patrolman
 
Posts: 874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Brits
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4
Home Language: English

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby Jorrie » 15 Dec 2015 07:17

Ian
Get your old man to join this forum. The guys here will enjoy his sense of humour. Haven't seen him for a while. Please pm me his phone number.
Jorrie
4500 GRX
Jimny
User avatar
Jorrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 2280
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 18:55
Location: Pretoria
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 72 times
Full Name: Jacobus Jordaan
Nickname: Jorrie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX, 2011 Zook
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Re: Wanted: 4.5 GRX / GL

Postby iandvl » 21 Dec 2015 09:24

Jorrie wrote:Ian
Get your old man to join this forum. The guys here will enjoy his sense of humour. Haven't seen him for a while. Please pm me his phone number.


Jorrie,

It's a thought, and I'll get him signed up when I see him later on this week, but I'm not sure whether he'll be very active on the forum. He does not do the computer thing that much.

I'll send his cell number now.

Ian
User avatar
iandvl
Patrolman
Patrolman
 
Posts: 874
Joined: 12 Jan 2015 13:26
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 90 times
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Brits
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Nissan Hardbody 2.4 4x4
Home Language: English

Next

Return to 37. Vehicles Wanted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests