Now that's what I call SERVICE!!

Q&A: Stuff to make your trips and camping more comfortable.
Tony
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Greyton - W/Cape
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Now that's what I call SERVICE!!

Post by Tony »

About 25 years ago I discovered a 100cp Cadac gas lamp that my dad had bought probably 40 years ago - all brand new, in the box and never used. Well I have been using the lamp for the last 25 years, and it's been superb. A short while ago, (during a period of load shedding) I decided to light up the house with my lamp, only to find that it suddenly would'nt light up much at all and if I turned up the gas a ball of flames engulfed the mantle. Well I began by replacing the mantle, with no luck, I then replaced the jet - still the same. Finally I took the lamp to Cadac to sort out - and guess what - they simply replaced the entire lamp without any question at ZERO COST. That lamp was about 40 years old, and well used!!
Gents, forget all those alternative camping gas options - I say stick to the original BUY CADAC!!!
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Re: Now that's what I call SERVICE!!

Post by Kagiso II »

Super Tony .. not all outlets are so accomodating .. but still good news.. I'll hold on to my Cadacsstuff
I was wondering .. WHAT was the outcome re the cylinder head that DGreen fitted on yr 'Troll ???
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Tony
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Greyton - W/Cape
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Re: Now that's what I call SERVICE!!

Post by Tony »

Oom, it was not a new one - I was under the wrong impression, Steve told me that he could get hold of one for me, I assumed it was a new one but it was in perfect shape, only it was already stamped with another number. I did the whole Langlaagte thing on Friday starting with the micro dotting and then over the road to do the police clearance - so all done now as far as my 'Trollie is concerned. We got the clutch back to normal, or should I say 100% easier and smoother than it ever was, and also sorted out that nasty little "catch" as I released the pedal - so even a 5 year old will find my clutch easy to push. Still battling a little with the load sensor / valve that Tinus helped me source from David Volschenk, it was the wrong part, and when Steve bipassed it he was'nt entirely happy as the one rear wheel locks up before the ABS kicks in under heavy braking. I'm driving it as it is for now, but we've sent the part together with my old one to Graham who will try to get the right one from David. Hopefully in time to put back in before we hit the road for Bots.

Return to “19. Overlanding/Camping Equipment”