Funny Patrol behaviour?

Transmissions, Transfer Boxes, Axles, Drive Shafts
Blitzpatrollie
Full Name: Gavin Kukard
Nickname: Gavin
Home Town: Croc Valley Conservancy, Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 2003 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX Auto (Gold)
Home Language: English

Re: Funny Patrol behaviour?

Post by Blitzpatrollie »

Guys when you meet me, please kick me in the b*llas. Twice. I had never even considered the fuel pump because when I bought it in August last year, it had just been replaced. Anyhow, I phoned autozone today and got prices on new fuel pump and filter. Thought I must try and replace as much cheap stuff as possible that I can do myself to save bucks (hunting season and all...) Cost me R785 for a GUD E13 filter and universal Bosch 3,5bar electric pump. It was a straight plug and play replacement btw, no changes to wires or pipes or anything. Almost identical part numbers as well...

Wow. Now for the first time since buying the patrol and having come hair raisingly close to selling it for a Navara 4x2, I finally felt today what the fuss about the 4.8 is! Its a bloody tank-rocket. Lots of power. Still gears down when it needs to but doesn't just die on power while changing gears all the way to 2nd. Flew up most hills today at 140 in 4th, easily. My 4th gear has always felt like it has less power than 5th. Foot only half way down the throttle too :) Awesome!

Now to have that front diff checked whenever, but in the meantime, happy as a pig in mud. Stufff the fuel consumption, I don't mind feeding a beast like this, esp since my instalment is half of what it would be on a Navara :))

Thanks for all the help guys!

Regards

Gavin
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Tinus lotz »

Happy to hear your patrol is better.... :thumbup:
Bruin Beer
Full Name: Riaan Delport
Nickname: Rooian
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Bruin Beer »

Gavin,
Glad you sorted this one.
Do you have a part number for the replacement pump or were they able to get it on the system as Patrol replacement?
Now go all out and enjoy all of it.
Riaan
Blitzpatrollie
Full Name: Gavin Kukard
Nickname: Gavin
Home Town: Croc Valley Conservancy, Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 2003 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX Auto (Gold)
Home Language: English

Post by Blitzpatrollie »

Hey Riaan! I shouldve noted the part number before putting it in, but i did notice that the part numbers were near identical but for one part of it, the one that came out was ....454... and the one going in was ...453... I'll phone the guy on Monday to ask him for the whole part number :)

Oh i am enjoying it!! Only problem is when I fill up again im gonna hoes for this enjoyment! But not such a problem actually, i'll pay for performance any day :)

Return to “10. Drivetrain”