and
1999 4.5 Patrol SGL
Home Language: Afr & Eng

SIMBA 4X4 TOURS AND SAFARIS

Post by mvcoller »

SIMBA 4X4 TOURS AND SAFARIS
Simba Logo Jpeg.JPG
Simba Logo Jpeg.JPG (24.96 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
SIMBA 4x4 TOURS AND SAFARIS operate on the following basis: All Safaris are full participation, guided, self drive self catering safaris. You put up and take down your own tents and cook your own food on open fires, preparing your own food. I will start the fires and help you with cooking your food on the fire.

I design and schedule safaris that you specifically request, so whatever extra destinations or services you may want added, may be possible. My safaris start and finish in Johannesburg.

When you are ready to book your Safari, please complete and forward the attached form to me (it is the PDF document in the next post), indicating where you are form, how many people you are and which safari you may be interested in. It also gives me you fly in date (where applicable), as we have some formalities and shopping to do between your arrival and our departure.

SIMBA 4x4 TOURS AND SAFARIS offer Guided, Self Drive (in your own or a hired 4x4), Self Catering Camping trips. Accommodation will be in Rooftop tents, (or whatever tents you have). If you do not have your own camping kit, you can either hire a fully kitted 4x4 vehicle or just a fully kitted off-road trailer, both will come with a rooftop tent. I would guide the chosen safari and take the tourists on unusual routes and show them things off the “beaten track”. Ask me about the pricing of the vehicle you require. Prices differ according to the time of year and also whether you need a single cab (2 persons – 1 rooftop tent) vehicle or a double cab (3 or 4 people – 2 rooftop tents) vehicle.

If you wish to depart on the Safari on (for example), Sunday, 9th October, you will have to arrive in Johannesburg at the latest during the morning of the Saturday, 8th October. If we collect the hired 4x4 vehicle before 12h00 on Saturday there will be no after hours vehicle collection fee charged. It will also give us enough time to do your shopping for the basic foodstuff to take on the trip. See attached list. I will work your itinerary and quotation on those dates.

For your peace of mind, I suggest you read the latest reviews I got from my clients here: https://www.safaribookings.com/reviews/p1666.

Also go and see and “Like” SIMBA 4x4 TOURS AND SAFARIS’s Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Simba4x4?ref=hl

On my website you will see examples of the type of other safaris I do and also possible destinations to choose from:
http://www.simba4x4tours.co.za

I plan the whole safari, book accommodation (campsites), plan excursions, suggest activities, hire a 4x4 for you (where required) and take you on a trip of your lifetime. If the safari itinerary is not to your liking in certain areas, when planning, I will adapt the safari, taking your likes and dislikes into account. We will camp together in a group and cook around a central campfire every evening and discuss the day past and departure times the next morning and what to expect the following day.

My prices include:
• My salary and fuel costs
• Park entry fees
• the planning,
• the booking,
• the general enquiries of other facilities available,
• the leading of people on the safari and on game drives,
• the cost of the campsites and
• a light breakfast of coffee, rusks (or cereals) daily.
• It also includes park conservation fees and entry fees for all the people in your group and your vehicle
• Vehicle Hire costs are listed separately.

BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• extra activities and excursions,
• meals and accommodation in lodges (when people prefer upgrade),
• food and drinks,
• fuel and vehicle costs,
• breakdowns and medical emergencies
• park entry fees for trailers and caravans
• Border fees.

I also leave the catering up to you. It works out more economical for you and you can buy the food you prefer.

Each safari’s pricing is different, depending on number of people, where they want to go and how many days they wish to go for.

For your envisaged safari, I will need the completed form (it is the PDF document in the next post). Once I have the form back from you, I can start preparing your quotation. If there are 4 or more people paying the full adult fees, children under 12 pay half price for their camping fees.

When making a provisional booking, I will require a 33% deposit, with the balance due within 3 days of me sending you confirmation of the booking. This is normally 6 weeks before the start of the safari. Without this payment I cannot continue with the safari, as I will need this money to pay the balance of the costs to the camps (and the 4x4 hire company where applicable) to finally secure your bookings.

Typical indicative pricing for a 9 day safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe at 2017 pricing is:

• 2 Adults – R 1,550-00 pppd
• 3 Adults – R 1,350-00 pppd
• 4 & 5 Adults – R 995-00 pppd
• 6 & 7 Adults – R 900-00 pppd
• 8 & 9 Adults – R 790-00 pppd
• 10 Adults – R 660-00 pppd

All my Pricing was done at R13.50 per $ 1.00 (US dollar is used in Zimbabwe) and R1.35 per BWP 1.00 and may vary until you booking is confirmed. After you have booked, prices will only vary if Zimbabwe and Botswana Government change taxes and park fee pricing.

Kind regards.
Malcolm van Coller.
Attachments
Simba Road trip Magazine Advert 2.jpg
Simba Road trip Magazine Advert 2.jpg (85.43 KiB) Viewed 5254 times
Last edited by mvcoller on 24 Jan 2018 12:08, edited 2 times in total.
mvcoller
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Malcolm van Coller
Nickname: mvcoller
Home Town: In most reverse order - Jhb, V-Town, Vryburg, CT
Current 4x4: 2008 3.0 Di Patrol GL
and
1999 4.5 Patrol SGL
Home Language: Afr & Eng

Re: SIMBA 4X4 TOURS AND SAFARIS

Post by mvcoller »