Nissan Servicing - Cape town.......Where?

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
GLAGS
Full Name: Grant Hobbs
Nickname: Wolly #1 or #2
Home Town: Stellenbosch
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8 GRX 2004 and KZTE 4x4 D/C
Home Language: English

Re: Nissan Servicing - Cape town.......Where?

Post by GLAGS »

Hi Russ.

Sorry cant help you at all re service interval saga.

Just want to thank Pieter for details about Riaan Kordier in Parow.

Good Luck Russ - I realy suggest you collect as much written evidence about your saga (past and present) as possible.

Let's just hope your Patrol is a toughie.

Cheerio
Grant :mytwocents:
2004 Y61 4.8 GRX
Pieter du Toit
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Pieter Joubert du Toit
Nickname: PJ of ook Whitey
Home Town: Welgemoed
Current 4x4: 2002 Nissan Patrol GRX TD42T CONVERSION
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Pieter du Toit »

Grant,

Only a pleasure - that is what this forum is here for!!

I am sure should you consider using Riaan's services that you will not regret it!! :thumbup:

Best wishes
Pieter du Toit
MUFASA
2002 - 2010 Patrol 3.0L TDi GRX - HANDGRANADE WENT BOOM!!
2010 TD42T GRX CONVERSION - SADLY SOLD!!
2005 4.8GRX - Ama-GluG GluG - SADLY SOLD!!
Cell no: 072 606 7007
Fax no: 086 500 9333
Pieter du Toit
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by Pieter du Toit »

Russ,

Ja you really have a toughie on hand here - and it is difficult to advise someone if the agents say otherwise. Remember I am only a member of the public and fellow Patrol owner like you - not an "expert" as the Nissan Qualified Technical Staff - :rolling:

To cut a long story short - If that is what Nissan says to you and your invoices show your service intervals as 15000 km they will have to honour their warranty - come hell or high water!! They are then giving it to you in black & white!!

On the other hand - (and this is what I would do if in your shoes) I will continue with the minor 7500 km interval services as well - because what they say is true - it is an oil and minor filter changes - but I will "force" them to continue to stamp my booklet with the specified service intervals - because then they will even have less than a leg to stand on should something go wrong and you get into a warranty claim situation. Yes I know it is or might seem like unnecessary money being spent - but if you want to drive that Patrol to 400 000 plus kilometres I will not nelegt those minor services!! Like I previously said - my out of warranty car gets an oil change every 5000 and service every 10 000km's

Remember the proof is also on the owner to show that he has followed all possible precautions to avoid unnecessary warranty claim work - and to us it is money in our pockets that we must spend - he is working for a corporate company who spent and receive millions in revenue - and all the corporate world will do if he ill advise a client to the detrement of the company is they will fire him - and then still try make you pay for some of it!!

Like I said - short end is keep to the warranty details of what your car's booklet spesifications says - never mind what everybody else tells you. And keep all your records. Remember if you go and trade that vehicle in at say Toyota or Land Rover or any other manufacturer - they are not necessarily going to be aware of the Nissan Bulletin stating other facts - all they going to look at is an incomplete service booklet with some missing service stamps!!! - and they gonna say / think hhhmm - :naughty: :naughty:

Hope my comments sheds some light for you on the subject.

Best Wishes
Pieter du Toit
MUFASA
Neillouw
Full Name: Neil Louw
Nickname: Neil Louw
Home Town: Porterville
Current 4x4: 2006 Patrol 3.0TDi GL

Post by Neillouw »

Guys,

There seems to some sort of misconception here. The truth, as verified by Nissan SA, your 4.2d engine gets an A service (the full monty) every 15,000km. Also, a 7,500km service (B service) should be done, but this is only the filters and the oil. Obviously should something else look fishy, it should need attention.

Now, even the B service should be done at the dealer. They should stamp your warranty booklet.

Remember: I am fortunate enough to have access to more than just the Nissan franchise, and with a clean heart I can confirm that Nissan SA do approve claims, even if the vehicle is out of warranty. (this is a no-no at the other franchises)

Keep your service records up to date, and we can fight the cause.

As for the pricing issue, draai rubberarm draai :wink: , there is a healthy profit margin which could easily be converted to discount :woo:
Pieter du Toit
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by Pieter du Toit »

Neillouw wrote:Guys,

Remember: I am fortunate enough to have access to more than just the Nissan franchise, and with a clean heart I can confirm that Nissan SA do approve claims, even if the vehicle is out of warranty. (this is a no-no at the other franchises)

Keep your service records up to date, and we can fight the cause.

Hi Neil

I beg to differ :think: I bought a 2002 3.0L ZD 30 Patrol with 112 000km on the clock and a full service history - with an extended Motorite warranty. The very same waranty which is sold by dealerships in the second hand trade. My engine blew (handgranade) on 142 000km last year - and after many many many fights in letters and later emails I got nowhere - because the vehicle was serviced by an RMI agent (which is the requirement as per warranty) but not a Nissan Dealership. Secondly they said my vehicle is too old - even though the km's was low. I rather got the impression they were questioning the amount of kilometers according to the vehicle's age.

My brother in law had a similar situation now with Centurion Land Rover from where he bought a second hand Disco 3 with an extended Motorite warranty - to such an extend that Centurion Land Rover has decided not to sell Motorite warranties anymore with their secondhand vehicles.

I am sorry to say but it is all about money in the dealership's pocket - the more shit they could sell to you with your vehicle the better for there pocket - but afterwards the customer service flies out the door. My vehicle was better looked after by the RMI agent than what any Nissan workshop would have done - but just because it was not inside their workshops with their stamps in my books they declined all.

My wife used to be in the motrotrade with a very well established and large corporate company - I know how customer's get "srewed" over just to get the money in their pockets!!!

Sorry to sy again but I beg to differ.

Regards
Pieter du Toit
MUFASA
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

yippppppppp - I am with Pieter on this one
My AGAROB had 100% service record + Extra services & checkouts by 4x4 EXPERT - but when engine when babwabavvavhoom!!! Nissan just :rolling: :lol: :think: end then :thumbdown: me.
ALTHOUGH the agents were at fault - their console was faulty - they diagnosed my engine warning light wrongly THREE times - then I went to Botswana - and it handgranded north of Ganzi ... It was a looooooooong drawn out fight - to no avail.

Am I happy with Agarob ?? YES I AM
Will I sell it ?? YES WE MUST
[2002 GRX 3.0 Di Autmatic, 230 000km [4000 on engine since rebuilt]etc etc..

I had that engine redone by Steves Auto Clinic - and they service & maintain Agarob since then - and I dont get the Nis dealers excuses & duck n dive - a light comes on - they find the cause & fix it. No hassles, no backtjat - nada.
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Neillouw
Full Name: Neil Louw
Nickname: Neil Louw
Home Town: Porterville
Current 4x4: 2006 Patrol 3.0TDi GL

Post by Neillouw »

Pieter/ Kagiso II,

Just some perspective here, a 2002 model is 9 years old. Thus, last year you vehicle celebrated it's 8 birthday QQQ . In dog terms, that's 56 years old. We had 3 presidents during that timeline.

How much responsibility do you really think NSA should be held accountable for? :naughty:

All I am trying to say is: Your vehicle will be covered for the duration of the warranty should your house be in order. When warranty expires, NSA do help within reasonable terms.

I do not see a 9 year old model as reasonable, just as I dont see a 2year old model with 200,000km on the clock as reasonable.
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL

Post by Peter Connan »

Neil I just want to chuck in a rock from the sideline:

If a warranty is not reasonable, then surely it should not be offered? If you offer a service and charge money for doing so, then that service must be provided. :mytwocents:
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

Neill - I will not go into a more lenghty debate on the callous disregard for people by Nissan [and most other manufacturers of which Tyotta is on top of the pile]

My car's demise was a direct result of a NISSAN dealership diagnosing the engine warning light as a "switch on the gearbox" -- I trusted them, I believed them - I drove my car and the engine blew up
two weeks later I take my wife's Terrano to the same dealer - AND SUDDENLY THEY CANNOT DO THE DAIGNOSTIC BECAUSE THEIR CONSOLE IS FAULTY AND WAS SENT TO JAPAN FOR REPAIRS .. THE SAME CONSOLE THAT WAS USED TO DAIGNOSE THE PATROL - AND REPORTED THE "SWITCH ON THE GEARBOX" AT FAULT ...

BE THAT 50 YEAR OLD VEHICLE - I EXPECT NISSAN TO ADDRESS THE MATTER WITH THE DEALER WHO NOW DENIES RESPONSIBILITY - AND NOT THE "SCREWE YOU " ATTITUDE WAY I WAS IGNORED BY THE PEOPLE AT NISSAN

SO do not tell me "8 year old car" is beyond reason -
I soooooooo wish we can have an open discussion on TV about this one -
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Grant
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Francis
Nickname: Grant
Home Town: Rosendal
Current 4x4: 2020 70 Series V8 LC
Hilux 2,4 4x4 SC Dakar
Home Language: English

Post by Grant »

Neil,

I agree with Mac & Pieter,

Firstly, a 100k km warranty on a troll is very safe. Most Patrols around the world run up to 650k km without a problem. Kia offers 10 years, so your comment on 8 years old is %$#%^&& :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: . 15 years ago Nissan offered 100k warranties. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: With all the development in technology and improvement of oils, and we are still at 100k km. &^%$$%$

Just some perspective- I drive a 95 GQ troll with 375k km on it and I expect it to run trouble free for another 350 k km. IT IS A PATROL :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer: :oldtimer:
V8 Power

You can't expect to be old and wise
if you were never young and crazy

Return to “17. Nissan SA, Alternate Service & Workshops”