Good/Bad Nissan Service: Your Patrol story

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

How do you as a Patrol owner, rate Nissan service?

Excellent
8%
Average
25%
Below par
24%
Poor
31%
So bad that it could effect what I buy next
12%

Total votes: 51

Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Good/Bad Nissan Service: Your Patrol story

Post by Herrie »

Very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by JohnBoyZA »

After supporting Nissan Parow for 10 years my Service Rating changes from 4/5 to 1/5. :thumbdown:
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
tour de frans
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by tour de frans »

Ek dink dis omdat Etieene nie meer daar werk nie.
Ek sukkel al twee weke om parte uit hulle te kry. Hulle tellefoon stelsel bly my afsny en hulle bel nie terug nie. Swak.
Of liewer Sleg.
Gu y61 wagon- 6.0L chevy
Gu y61 pickup- 6.2L chevy

Tour de frans - het niks met n bicycle uit te waai nie.
marakasmalan
Full Name: Marnus Malan
Nickname: marakasmalan
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: '94 Patrol SGL

Post by marakasmalan »

Moet sê, dis maar 'n kwessie van verhoudinge.

Nissan IC Auto Kempton Park werk ek nou al lank met Mike Majola. Sommer 'n lekker vriendlike knaap en lief daarvoor om Afrikaans met mens te gesels. Al die vreemdsoortige goed kan hy nou deesdae opspoor in 'n kwessie van 4 dae. Maar ek en hy het saam 'n paar ure op daardie databasis van hulle spandeer, en ek kan bevestig dis nie so maklik om parte daaruit te kry nie.
IanT
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian Temperley
Nickname: IanT (aka) "The Joker"
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: 1995 GQ 4.2 Petrol (Turbo Charged) (Hell Boy)
2008 4.8 GRX Umkombe
Home Language: English

Post by IanT »

I think a well timed post! I have only heard good things about Mark White Nissan in fourways BUT I honestly don't think they want to sell cars! I am looking at buying a Pathfinder phoned this morning (their phone system is up to maggots! rings and then you cant hear anything!) Eventually spoke to one of the salesmen and asked if the had any LE's in stock tells me no but he may have one coming in and will ring me back. Looked on autotrader this afternoon and there is one advertised at them, phoned back (same probs with the phones, girl that answers does not have a clue!!) eventually got through to the same sales guy and I tell him about autotrader and he tells me yes it is right in front of his desk and he also has another one???????? do these guys want to sell their cars ?????? :think:
AndriesS
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Andries
Nickname: None
Home Town: Pretoorsdorp
Current 4x4: 4.8 GL with hairdryer.

Post by AndriesS »

The challenge we face as that they always want a VIn no. and are limited to whatever the system gives them . I've found that if you can give them the part no then things normally goes smoother. Example on a 2005 model they don't panhard bushes as a separate item but give them the part no then they can order it on their system.

their used to be an online site where you could see some of the numbers . Will have to search for it
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

AndriesS wrote:The challenge we face as that they always want a VIn no. and are limited to whatever the system gives them . I've found that if you can give them the part no then things normally goes smoother. Example on a 2005 model they don't panhard bushes as a separate item but give them the part no then they can order it on their system.

their used to be an online site where you could see some of the numbers . Will have to search for it
I had the same as AndriesS .. simple thing as the MAF sensor, they quoted me for the entire system, pipes and stuff -- close to R7,000.
Then I asked for just the insert .. and it was R1,600 ... BIG difference.

Imperial Menlyn checked Agarob THREE times with their "console" and came back it was a faulty switch on the gearbox .. actually was that it overfuelled, thus the sluggish performance at times .. End result the engine hand granaded with me in Botswana .. and it cost me big-time.
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
JoshJ
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Joshua Joubert
Nickname: Joshua
Home Town: Centurion, Gauteng
Current 4x4: 94 GQ SGL-D

Post by JoshJ »

I use our local Nissan dealer. Highveld Nissan. The guys are awesome and always helpful. Oom Fanie the workshop manager is always ready to help and open for discussion.
When i had the problem where the car died on me he even gave me his sel no. As well as put a mechanic on permanent standby to assist me if the Trol should die on me again. I have not had to order to many parts yet. Ordered a new air filter on Monday. They did not have stock. Said it would be here on Wednesday. Wednesday before 12 they phoned and informed me that the filter is there.

I would rate the guys 10/10. Nissan as a company not so much. Parts are way expensive. There service plan doesn't mean much. How must one drive a off road vehicle 30 000km's with one set of diesel and air filters. That's insane. The air filter i replaced today has only done 14 000km and its black of dirt. Completely.
I feel sorry for the people sometimes. They want to do more but company rules restrict them.

I guess it comes down to. A company is only as good as his employees.
I am willing to pay for parts and wait for spares as long as the people at the dealers are willing to help and make an effort.

My :mytwocents:
Being alive is a Blessing!!

Regards,
Joshua
JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Jip, agree with the comments above. Frans, jy is reg, so baie hang BAIE van een persoon af. Nissan SA wil ook nie betrokke raak nie, want Imperial is ʼn groot kliënt. Die Patrol was ook my vrou se wiele, so met die gesukkel het ek sommer vir haar ʼn nuwe C Klas gekoop. Sy se viva Nissan. :think:
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
offroadbiker
Full Name: Dirk de Clerk
Nickname: ORB
Home Town: Krugersdorp
Current 4x4: Patrol GQ 4.2 ST

Post by offroadbiker »

1/5 for Nissan in Roodepoort, after the problems with the left front wheel on the River trip, we decided to rather replace the two nuts and seals behind the hub, I literally took a picture from the manual to show exactly what I want, it is clearly broken down as to what I want (and it is exactly as what the GQ has in currently), but no sorry can't help cause on their system it looks different..... :doh:
Dirk
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 ST

Return to “17. Nissan SA, Alternate Service & Workshops”