Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Re: Nissan SA Responses to ZD30 Problems

Post by Kagiso II »

Mr Aardvark [- Hallo & welcome to the site. [before I forget - take pictures of the 'Trol and place here ASAP]

My Patrol had problems starting and it turned out ENGEN Quick Stop [Atterb0ury Rd, Menlyn] had filled my tank with diesel contaminated with water [there is a thread here and on 4x4 Community Forum]
For your specific headaches, I would suggest Mynhardt / Gerhard at SAC - Diesel [Centurion] (SACC = Steves Auto Clininc)

Normally if a diesel struggles to start, it would be the glow plugs

Good luck
(NOW _ how about pictjaas????)
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
dieselfan
Full Name: Roy Markham
Nickname: Roy
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8
Home Language: English

Post by dieselfan »

What was the final outcome of this from Nissan SA?
Pieter du Toit
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Pieter Joubert du Toit
Nickname: PJ of ook Whitey
Home Town: Welgemoed
Current 4x4: 2002 Nissan Patrol GRX TD42T CONVERSION
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Pieter du Toit »

Dieselfan,

Sorry for the late reply - I ony noticed now that there is a posting on this subject.

After sending all my documentation and correspondence between myself and Nissan SA to a lawyer I was told that they (NSA) have the means to have this case dragged for so long in a court that I will be bankcrupt before it has even gone anywhere. So civil legal proceedings was out of the question.

Thus I decided to take them on through the small claims court - not much of a remedy but at least some satisfaction. When they (Tony Minnie NSA) received the summons for the case to be heard in the small claims court they sent me a letter offering me the R7000-00 settlement but on condition of total confidentiality and that I was not to release this in any form of media, verbally or by any means. Basically an undisclosed settlement.

Well myself being hard headed I sent them a letter back stating that I will only consider their offer if they refund me for the replacement engine I bought - which was R26500-00. Of course they also declined and the case was set for 08 Dec 2010.

Tony Minnie and one of their legal representatives flew down to Cape Town for the case - only to be thrown out of court because the small claims court have no jurisdiction outside of Cape Town - and they were obviously from Gauteng.

I to this day still have all the documentation and correspondence between myself and Nissan SA - but it is worthless to me. I am currently considering possible other options but can't elaborate on that now. All I can say is I think the legal system in SA stinks and is not user friendly to the man on the street unless you have a bottomless bank account. Just by the fact that they (NSA) did make a written settlement offer is to me as good as to admit there is a problem and they don't want you (me) to be walking around with that kind of story to be told to the media for other members of the public to know about it. And to add fuel to my frustation the case originated and started with Schus Nissan Parow - they reffered it to NSA because it was a customer complaint.

The commisioner that was suppose to trail my case only received my case file that afternoon (which by now is as thick as a telephone book) and a lady on top of it - so I think it was just easier to have it thrown out as to listen to any reasoning I had why I felt the case had to be heard. So for now they (NSA) have won round 1.......

Regards
Pieter du Toit
MUFASA
2002 - 2010 Patrol 3.0L TDi GRX - HANDGRANADE WENT BOOM!!
2010 TD42T GRX CONVERSION - SADLY SOLD!!
2005 4.8GRX - Ama-GluG GluG - SADLY SOLD!!
Cell no: 072 606 7007
Fax no: 086 500 9333

Return to “17. Nissan SA, Alternate Service & Workshops”