Full Name: Sidney Moorcroft
Nickname: Penhoek Patrol
Home Town: Penhoek Farm, Sterkstroom, Eastern Cape
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol, 4.2D Pickup
Home Language: English

Patrol Pick-up Wanted

Post by penhoekpatrol »

Hi All,

I am new to this site, so greetings to all. I am a farmer in the Eastern Cape mountains & currently drive a silver/gold 2007 4.2D pick-up with the onca safari pack. Bought the vehicle in 2011 & love it, it is the absolute definition of a workhorse. Here is the thing though, I am looking for a 2nd one to replace one of our other farm vehicles. I have searched the internet on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks with no luck, 2006 - 2007 4.2D would be ideal, mileage should be below 200000km but ideally below 150000km but most importantly must be mechanically sound, willing to go up to R220K on price. Please NO Turbo's. If anyone knows of any such vehicle it would be much appreciated if you could let me know.

Kind Regards,
Sidney.
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Patrol Pick-up Wanted

Post by Herrie »

Welcome Sidney!! :salute: :salute:
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

Welcome man!!!!I will look out for one .....nice to see more pick up drrivers on the forum ......Russ wil be very happy :thumbup:
duckitt
Full Name: Charles
Nickname: Charles
Home Town: Cape Town
Current 4x4: 4.8 GQ Patrol 4x4 & 1996 (4.8) SGL GU was n 4.2 Petrol

Post by duckitt »

You can contact Mr. Ellington he got one for sale in very good nic his Email:gellington@xsinet.co.za
Charles Duckitt
Duckitt Security Services
online7584692@telkomsa.net
NISMOnator
Full Name: Jacques Strauss
Nickname: NISMOnator
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX

Post by NISMOnator »

Welkom! :salute:
God follows me where I tread.....

2007 Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX = GRIZZLY!!!
penhoekpatrol

Post by penhoekpatrol »

Hi Chaps,

Sorry I have been so quiet for the last while. Managed to find myself another Trol Pick-Up. As luck would have it I found it right here in the EC. Even better is that it is a duplicate of my current one, 2007 with safari pack & stock rails, same colour as well with 97000km on the clock. Really chuffed! PS. How do I add a "Profile Pic"?

Keep Well.
Many Thanks.
Clem
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Clem Daniel
Nickname: Clem
Home Town: Johannesburg
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.8

Post by Clem »

Lucky man! I drive the Penhoek pass twice a year - once the way to the sea and once again on the way back!
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4

Post by Tinus lotz »

Nice man looking for a 4.2 to replace my hilux ........the one I drive every day.....
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

Post by Russ Kellermann »

penhoekpatrol wrote:Hi Chaps,

Sorry I have been so quiet for the last while. Managed to find myself another Trol Pick-Up. As luck would have it I found it right here in the EC. Even better is that it is a duplicate of my current one, 2007 with safari pack & stock rails, same colour as well with 97000km on the clock. Really chuffed! PS. How do I add a "Profile Pic"?

Keep Well.
Many Thanks.
Hey bud, Russ here.

Ja, Welcome! Finally another pickup owner on the site, that makes 3 of us now if im correct.

If im not mistaken the vehicle you bought was from a farmer near queenstown, or am im wrong? Looked like the deal of the century! An amzing purchase if thats the one you bought, good stuff.

Ja, seems like the Patrol Pickups have become quite sort after, although second hand prices still favour the buyer. Everytime i think about selling or making a change, the patrol makes a miracle happen off road, or carrying a heafty full load, or takes me on holiday without any issues whatsoever, and then i think why the hell did i ever even consider selling this beast. Bloody good Bakkies i'll tell you that. Might not be as attractive as a cruiser, but its alot tougher.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
penhoekpatrol

Post by penhoekpatrol »

Hi Tinus, Check this 2007 out on Gumtree, it's in Cape Town,
(http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-bakkies-car ... -510503005)
Looks like an absolute gem judging by the pics. The contact on the add is ALBIE 0813096832. R190K with 117000km on clock.

Hi Clem, Yip that's us, top & bottom of the Penhoek pass, best spot in the country :-) Pop in next time!

Hi Russ, It's exactly that one that was in Queenstown. I searched the net for months & then ended up finding one on my doorstep. It was a good deal, the reason his asking price was "low" it needed quite a few wear & tear parts replaced, front suspension bushes, shackle bushes, shocks etc. Still it was a very good deal, had it checked out by Nissan in Queenstown before committing to it & when they gave me the green light I had them do a major service, all the filters, oils the works. Queenstown Nissan's service is excellent, more specifically Podgy the workshop manager. Have never experienced such good service, this is the reason we now own 2. These things really are beasts, work horse of note, built to work hard. It is definitely more attractive price wise & my wife recons they are the second ugliest vehicles on the road, the Land Cruiser Pick-Up being the ugliest in her eyes :-) I actually think my Trol is very good looking. We originally bought the 1st one based on price & we have never looked back. Really feel these are very under rated vehicles but I have noticed a distinct increase of them on the roads, seems more people are catching on to our secret.

Keep well chaps,
Sid.

Return to “37. Vehicles Wanted”