Nickname: David Marais
Home Town: Midrand
Current 4x4: 1998 4.5 GL Patrol
2006 4.2 Td Bakkie (SWAMBO's) - The "Firetruck"
Home Language: English

Re: Safari Station Wagon for Sale

Post by David M »

ces wrote:
David M wrote:Vehicle is '81. 2.8 Petrol with electronic ignition. In Burgersfort. Seems mechanically sound but has rust and body needs attention. Getting more photo's but Oom does not know how to use email etc. Extended shackles and 10J rims.
When you say rust, how bad is the body's condition? Please let me know what you think of the vehicle. I could use it to change mine back into the real deal!!! 'Cause that one's steering wheel is at least still original. :wink:

I'll pop Ian a pm.
I have not seen it. Above was volunteered by the Oom. If you looking for one with a good body speak to Tinus. He knows of one.
There are still places out there!!!! - Daniel Goz - The "Tapam" movie
IanT
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian Temperley
Nickname: IanT (aka) "The Joker"
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: 1995 GQ 4.2 Petrol (Turbo Charged) (Hell Boy)
2008 4.8 GRX Umkombe

Post by IanT »

Think I have got to answer this one! CES there are a few reasons why I went for the Landy. In my opinion they are the most comfortable game drive vehical for clients with the rear coil suspention, But the biggest factor for me with this Landy was Price! I bought the complete vehical for R35K then stripped the doors and roof and sold them for R20K. With yours the asking price was R70K (a really nice safari with full game drive conversion sold on our farm about 6 months ago for R35K) to that I would have had to have it stripped and re-sprayed, would have needed to rebuild your game frame and canopy to add a 3rd row of seats (need to be able to sit 11 people) I would have needed to fit a bull bar and protection frame on the sides of yours as well as a cooler box holder at the back. My estimated costs for doing all the work to yours would be about R40K, so putting the price up to R110K with the landy it will cost me about R55K
ces
Full Name: Christoph Schulenburg
Nickname: Christoph / Schulies
Home Town: COLIGNY
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.2D SGL Y61
Nissan Patrol 2.8l, 1985
VW Tiguan 2.0tdi, 2009
Home Language: Afrikaans/German

Post by ces »

Fair enough Ian. :thumbup:

I know my price is a bit on the high side, but I also have my reasons. It's negotiable, but what you paid for the Landy is not enough.

Thanks for answering. Best of luck with the Landy.
"Sou die hand van die HERE te kort wees? Nou sal jy sien of my woord vir jou uitkom of nie." - Numeri 11,23
IanT
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian Temperley
Nickname: IanT (aka) "The Joker"
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: 1995 GQ 4.2 Petrol (Turbo Charged) (Hell Boy)
2008 4.8 GRX Umkombe

Post by IanT »

:thumbup:

Return to “36. Vehicles For Sale/Swap”