Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol Y62
2009 4.8 Patrol
Nissan Navara V9X
1960 Willis Jeep
3.5 Pajero
Home Language: English

Re: 1-2-3 You're DEAD

Post by Rob Marussi »

People don't listen and don't care they all know better, we had a clown in Inhambane recently pulling a 585 cat (big boat about 3 tonne ) out of the surf on the beach with the winch. His wife and kids were walking along next to the winch cable as he wound it up. I walked up to him and said please put some bags over the cable and ask those people to step away while you winch it's dangerous . I was told fo f..... Off and mind my own business i know what I am doing. I left him too it. Fool.. :think:
Wilkie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Errol Wilken
Nickname: Wilkie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1999 4.5 GRX Nissan Patrol
2004 BMW 3.0D X5
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Wilkie »

people is amazing
a bloke with a 4x2 bakkie is cool and will think 3 times before crossing a mud crossing
that same bloke with a 4x4 bakkie will enter cautiously into the mud crossing
that same bloke with an 4x4 bakkie and a winch .....brain dead , will tackle any obstacle and wants to get stuck so he can show people how cool his winch is
he got with when he bought his bakkie....although he has never used a winch in his life before..........those are the blokes that gets hurt or cause accidents

Well that's my :mytwocents: :mytwocents:
DMH
Full Name: Tejan Pillay
Nickname: Tej
Home Town: durban
Current 4x4: 95 Patrol SGL 4.2D,
02 Hardbody 3L TD
Home Language: english

Post by DMH »

Rob Marussi wrote:People don't listen and don't care they all know better, we had a clown in Inhambane recently pulling a 585 cat (big boat about 3 tonne ) out of the surf on the beach with the winch. His wife and kids were walking along next to the winch cable as he wound it up. I walked up to him and said please put some bags over the cable and ask those people to step away while you winch it's dangerous . I was told fo f..... Off and mind my own business i know what I am doing. I left him too it. Fool.. :think:

Jeez.. flippen unbelievable.
Dustin
Full Name: Dustin Roberts
Nickname: Dustin
Home Town: Port Elizabeth
Current 4x4: Patrol-less :-(
Home Language: English

Post by Dustin »

I did voice my concerns at the event, but in true hillbilly style, I got much the same response as Rob mentioned with the boat guy.
I had abuse hurled at me from all angles right up to the point when the shackle shot apart and almost killed the woman...then they sheepishly kept quiet and wouldn't even look in my direction for the remainder of the day.
Since that day I don't even set foot in that store, and I let people know not to trust their judgement when considering having accessories fitted to their vehicles by that store.

I've heard some serious horror stories from people that have had work done there.
Examples :
1. They fitted a wiring harness to the rear of my boss' Amarok for split charging to a trailer and they blew up one of the ECU's. He wouldn't believe me and he paid the price.
2. A guy wanted an auxiliary tank fitted to his VX Prado (2007/8 model) and when he went to fetch the vehicle, they had mounted the tank inside the vehicle and carpeted over it and drilled a 75mm diameter hole through the rear quarter panel for the rubber filler hose & grommet, and what looked like a cheap VW Beetle fuel cap that sat about 30mm proud of the body. That one was by far the worst of all the stories I heard from customers. I actually saw the vehicle and spoke to the owner so I know the story is legit.
a.k.a. Datsun Dustin

View my Patrol's story here : http://patrol4x4.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6478

No hill too steep, no donga too deep !
GO PATROL !!!

Return to “26. Techniques”