Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Certification Training

Post by Herrie »

We have now arrange for the next training on the 26th of July at Base 4 - please advise who will join us.
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

Hallo almal

Jammer om te laat weet, maar die opleiding vir 26/07 en 30/08 is op die ys geplaas - daar is nog sake wat afgehandel moet word voordat die opleiding op 'n inter-klub basis kan voortgaan.

Jammer hiervoor - ons sal julle op hoog te hou van nuwe datums - dit sal (DV) na afloop van die AAWDC Fun Day wees.

Groete
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
Jorrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Jacobus Jordaan
Nickname: Jorrie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX (now in Benji's hands), 2019 Zook Gen 4, 2011 4.8 GRX Patrol Adventure 60
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Post by Jorrie »

Dankie dat julle laat weet het. Sal dophou vir die volgende geleentheid.
Jorrie
1998 4500 GRX (Benji)
2011 4800 GRX Adventure 60 (Jorrie)
2011 Jimny Sold (Benji)
2 x 2019 Jimnies (1 x Lizzybean69, 1 x Jorrie)
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

Good morning everybody

We have the next round of Unit Standard based training (US254135) planned for the following dates:

Theory: Saturday 2014-09-27;
Practical: Saturday 2014-10-25.

The price for the full course is still R850.00 for Club members and R1, 150.00 for non Club members. This includes all training material, sessions as well as registration with TETA through The Training Connection .

It is our aim to have 10 people attending the course and thus we would like to invite interested people to register on this thread.

The course fee can be deposited in to our bank account:

Nissan Off-Road Club
ABSA Fourways
Branch Code: 632005
Current Account: 4066226824
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
marakasmalan
Full Name: Marnus Malan
Nickname: marakasmalan
Current 4x4: '94 Patrol SGL

Post by marakasmalan »

Hello Gents,

Let me try an figure this out:

This thread started in April 2013, and to date no training took place?

The training is standardized, but there is no certainty that this standard will be of any purpose, as if (and if ever) legislation may come into effect it may very well not use this standard?

The content of the training is known and there is a number of people who already posses this knowldge and skillset as well as the ability to do the knowledge transfer?

If the knowledge is not transfered in a training you do not get a certificate? But the certificate (@R850!!!!!) is of little more value than the paper it is printed on as it currently fullfill no requirement of any sort?

I really would like to attend, bit in lieu of not have an itching set of notes to the value of R850 in my back pocket, forgive me for not participating until there exist clarity about actual legal requirements and standards. My library have DVD's and books and magazines and the subscription is R60 p.a.

That said, I do not doubt it will be an informative and valuable day out, but does it need to be at R850 just for the sake of a certificate?
marakasmalan

Post by marakasmalan »

That previous post my sound a bit harsh, I think just give us some explanation of the costs. :thumbup:
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

This is propper training in theorie and practical and you will get you DCC certificate and you will be on the list for the government through TETA. The government will change the law that you must have the DCC if you are going to drive in a sensitive environmental area - this would have been in the law this year already!

We have done a couple of training sessions already and all other clubs and business that do the training will charge you more than R2000-00. Nissan SA help us with the training and 5 of our Club members are qualified assessors already and were arranged by Nissan SA.
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
georgeb
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: George Brittnell
Nickname: georgeb
Home Town: Hartbeespoort
Current 4x4: 2004 Patrol 4.8 GRX

Post by georgeb »

marakasmalan wrote:That previous post my sound a bit harsh, I think just give us some explanation of the costs. :thumbup:
Hi Marnus - I see that both you and Kobus are in Kempton so you guys can meet and discuss over a "coffee".... QQQ

You are more than welcome to request information on the topic due to the fact that it is indeed a "hairy" one at present. As you have rightfully indicated, the original legislation driven impetus behind Unit Standard based training has, for now, vanished into thin air. The current Unit Standards are still valid and learners who are found to be competent are registered with TETA and receive a SAQA validated and rated qualification.

From a NORC perspective we are not chasing numbers nor are we making money out of these sessions - from the word go it was our approach to offer people the opportunity for self development and growth in the area we all enjoy and appreciate. We offer the training to those people who are interested in developing their own off the beaten track skills and through this we support the principal of a self-regulated environment. We do these sessions on an interactive basis and definitely not a "we know it all" basis.

To get back to your question on how the course fees are made up: NORC pays The Training Connection a fee for assistance with, course material and registration of candidates with TETA. Then, all our Facilitators and Assessors are people with normal day to day jobs that do these sessions in their own time over week-ends. We don't remunerate them for their time but we give them money for fuel.

Why is there a difference between the fee for Club and non Club members? NORC believes in value perception as well as value realization in Club membership and thus we offer these sessions at a reduced rate to Club members. As Kobus has indicated the going rate for these courses in the normal trade is more than double our fee for US254135 and nearly 4 times our rate for US254154 (advanced).

In the end the decision lies with the person considering doing these courses if he/she is prepared to invest in ongoing self development.

Cheers
Groete/Regards,

George Brittnell
marakasmalan

Post by marakasmalan »

Thanks for the cordial and polite reply to my sour post.

I will wait untill I realise the lack of a certificate prohibits me from something/somewhere.

R286 for a king pin plug, R1500+ for a calipher kit, in general overprice parts from Nissan stops me from forking out this money. Thanks Nissan! In lieu of the parts prices, Nissan should offer this course for free to Nissan owners.

Return to “26. Techniques”