Tony
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Greyton - W/Cape
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Botswana with Bhejane Tours

Post by Tony »

We will be doing our first trip to Botswana from the 7th to the 19th of July, and have decided to do it in a group for two reasons: 1) Just in case my Patrol decides to pull another stunt on me!, and 2) My wife is not at all keen on all the work that comes with a camping trip - so the Bhejane team can make & break the camp site, do all the cooking and washing up, and we can chill, sip cold ones and take lots of photo's! I don't suppose I should really argue with her logic!
We plan to leave on Saturday, and sleep over close to Parr's Halt. Then to take a slow and leisurely drive to Khama Rhino Sanctury, sleep over there and once again take it slow to Lethlakane where we meet the Bhejane guys. Problem seems to be getting any reply from Khama - we need to make reservations - does anyone have contact details (phone / e-mail address)?
Thanks.
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Botswana with Bhejane Tours

Post by Peter Connan »

Can't help directly, except to say that there is a possible alternative in Palapye. The Palapye rest camp is huge and virtually never runs out of room. They also have some rooms, not only campsites, so you could probably get away with just pitching up if you get to Khama and they are full?

I have stayed there twice (once camping, once staying in a room), and while it is not scenic, there is also nothing wrong with the facilities. I may be able to find a number for them if you are interested...
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

If you doupt the Trolli, insure with TUFF STUFF .. I just accompanied them o recover a LanRover with conked suspemsion all the way from Hwange Game reserve [ZIM]
IMG_8481.JPG
IMG_8481.JPG (6.04 MiB) Viewed 2925 times
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Thanks Pete, we will look into Palapye - I will let you know if I can't find a contact no. Oom, I am looking at both Tuffstuff as well as cross country - they both look like the best, especially out of RSA. My trollie is undergoing more major surjery - after all that was done, I have never really felt good about the clutch, and the more I drove her, the stickier it got. So.... the whole gearbox has now been removed to try and resolve this issue it's already been 8 days and I have a feeling that I won't get her back before this weekend either. The enjine no. fiasco is another story - Patrols only seem to have an enjine number stamped onto the cylinder head and not on the block! I now need to get to Chamdor to have the car "Micro Dotted" for around R 900.00, and then it's off to Langlaagte to do a police clearance which can take the better part of a day and costs a further R 1000.00 odd. So guys, keep this in mind next time you replace your cyl. head!!
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.

Post by Kagiso II »

Now how now Tony ?? Oompie told you about the engine number on Cyl head only right in the beginning ... NEW Cyl heads come without number, you just stamp your existing number as per your egistration document on the new cyl head ..
OR did they sell you used cyl head ???
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Tony

Post by Tony »

That's a good question oompie - I paid a good price for the "new" head and I was told that it was new..... I am going to find out tomorrow what I was sold.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.

Post by Kagiso II »

Hi Tony .. Phone up ALERT engine spares AND Nissan dealer BEFORE - get confirmation that a NEW head comes without number .. so they cannoty bullsip you ..
As I said before -- the ZD 30 head I baught had NO number stamped, I had the new one stamped at a local workshop with the number on the registration document ..

Return to “25. Trip/Route Queries”