Current 4x4: 2010 Nissan Patrol 4800 GRX,
Nissan Patrol 4.2l GQ
Volkswagen Caravelle 4 Motion
2018 Toyota Landcruiser V8 DC
Home Language: Afrikaans

Lesotho and Wild Coast trip!

Post by DawidT »

Hi all,

We are planning to do a trip through Lesotho and from there to Wild coast from Mid April 2014. It is my annual leave :blonde: so I thought 5 days or longer in Lesotho, then to Ramsgate to refuel, do some washing, and get all sorted again. From here the plan is to do some Wild Coast exploration. I have 4 weeks available and would like to spend some 2 weeks travelling and the remaining time in Ramsgate, hence we are not too bothered with exact timing.

We will be 3 vehicles travelling together, towing an Explorer caravan and Echo trailer, so I presume that the rougher routes is out unless we can camp somewhere close. Would love to do Baboons pass.... :pray: and other good passes, areas :helpsign:

We will be coming from the Jhb side and would like to exit on the Durban / South coast side.

I've done Sani and Katse before but will do it again if it is part of the better route. Some suggestions and must see places / trips for both Lesotho and Wild coast?

Any suggestions or previous trips you could share would be appreciated. We are not too worried to have 5 star accomodation - we are self sufficient and can cope without water and power for a couple of days.

I am taking the Patrol.... the Hummer and Pajero tagging along do not have to worry anymore.... :lol:
Andrewfus
Full Name: Grant Andrew van Staden
Nickname: Andrewfus
Home Town: Rustenburg
Current 4x4: NavaraD40
NavaraD22
Home Language: English

Re: Lesotho and Wild Coast trip!

Post by Andrewfus »

Wish I could go with David :thumbup:

It was good fun last time! :wink:
Andrew van Staden
Navara 4x4 - D40 and D22
Ex: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Ex: Ford Everest (Unmodifiable)
Ex: Suzuki Jimny (With some tricks)
Ex: Defender 110 Puma - Martha http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...d.php?t=135038
DawidT
Full Name: Dawid Taljaard
Nickname: Dawid
Home Town: Witbank
Current 4x4: 2010 Nissan Patrol 4800 GRX,
Nissan Patrol 4.2l GQ
Volkswagen Caravelle 4 Motion
2018 Toyota Landcruiser V8 DC
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Lesotho and Wild Coast trip!

Post by DawidT »

Hi Andrew,

Hoekom nie....??? Armand (Hummer) en Derick (Pajero) gaan saam!!!

Any one else that would like to join (Dirk, Tinus, Grant,...???)? this is tipical the way I like to go on leave - just a route - more or less - with enough of everything to cope with, dodging the curve balls coming our way :surprised: You join at your own date and depart if you had enough :thumbup: I will give an estimate route and more or less the sleep overpoints, dates and what we would like to see and do!

This method worked well in the past BUT the normal common sense should still previal..... We had the best leave last year when we did it the same way - Botswana and Namibia :woo:

Return to “25. Trip/Route Queries”