Nickname: Engel
Home Town: Kempton park
Current 4x4: MQ patrol
Gu Patrol
Triton
Home Language: maakiesaakie

Re: Patrol Drawer System

Post by Engel »

baie nice! Ek hou net van die fridge as low down as possible cos the swambos cant reach, and they are the one that need to pass the cold ones!! :biggrin:
Herman 0824453301
GU & MQ Patrol, Triton, Mog, Subaru ens.
herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Recovery gear manufacturer, 4x4 equipment supplier.
Full time 4x4 Trainer for Corporate, mines and Private Clients. [All countries]
Abri Hoffman
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Abri Hoffman
Nickname: Abri
Home Town: Monument Park
Current 4x4: 2013 FJ Cruiser
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Abri Hoffman »

That would have been first price Herman. Will just drag a rock closer for her to stand on. :rolleyes:
2013 FJ Cruiser
"Jack Russel"
Saltman
Full Name: Herbie Hellstrom
Nickname: Saltman
Home Town: Durbanville, Western Cape
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery Series 3 TDV6 Auto
Land Rover Discovery Series 1 Tdi.
Land Rover Discovery Series II Td5
Home Language: Afrikaans / English / German

Post by Saltman »

Abri

Ekke hy stem saam met Engel oor hierrie ene ... Jy het duidelik nog nie my stukkie dinamiet met die kort lont ontmoet nie ... en dan verwag jy nog sy moet die koue duitse bruisdrankies aangee ... jy sal wragtag stop en dit self uithaal my maat ...

If someone out there has a decent design for a drawer system that will fit in the rear of a station wagon Patrol AND satisfies the following requirements,then please let us know:
- has space for a 2nd battery (maybe in a Nat Luna grey box)
- space for a 50 liter plastic water tank
- slide for a fridge (40 - 70 litre) that is low enough so that SWAMBO can reach the beer
- provision for a slideout folding table
- at least 1 big drawer or 2 smaller drawers on floor level for the heavy stuff such as recovery gear,flat bottom potjie etc (low centre of gravity when packed)
- space for ammo boxes that can be tied down securely
- utility space for packing odds and ends

Did I leave something out? ... besides the kitchen sink ... :lol:
Saltman:
One foot in Land Rover land and one foot in Patrol land and the sensitive bits are hanging in the salty sea in between!
Stefan
Full Name: Stefan de Villiers
Nickname: Stefan
Home Town: Bothasig, Cape Town
Current 4x4: 2002 3.0 GL Patrol

Post by Stefan »

What height do you want the sink? ;)
Engel
Full Name: Herman Engelbrecht
Nickname: Engel
Home Town: Kempton park
Current 4x4: MQ patrol
Gu Patrol
Triton
Home Language: maakiesaakie

Post by Engel »

Saltman, its so easy to build! Im building one for a hilux currently and will post pics!
Herman 0824453301
GU & MQ Patrol, Triton, Mog, Subaru ens.
herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Recovery gear manufacturer, 4x4 equipment supplier.
Full time 4x4 Trainer for Corporate, mines and Private Clients. [All countries]
KOOS BEST
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Jacobus William Best
Nickname: Kosie
Home Town: MTUNZINI, Zululand coast
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Home Language: TWEETALIG

Post by KOOS BEST »

Saltman, check out the Oz Patrol site , currently nice diy drawer systems that will suit you, even a second glove box below the airbag.
Koos
Koos Best(Kosie)Mtunzini Zululand
Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6
Patrol GU 2003 3.0d GRX (SOLD 2010)
Patrol GQ 1996 4.2d ST(SOLD 2007)
Tjaart
Full Name: Tjaart Janse van Rensburg
Nickname: TJ
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Patrol 4500 GRX

Post by Tjaart »

Here is my drawer system. Takes a lot and a water tank behind the seats!!
Attachments
DSC01727.JPG
DSC01727.JPG (151.99 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
DSC01725.JPG
DSC01725.JPG (114.13 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
THE BRAVE
says
Aut PATROL aut nihil

Aut vincere aut mori
Saltman
Full Name: Herbie Hellstrom
Nickname: Saltman
Home Town: Durbanville, Western Cape
Current 4x4: Land Rover Discovery Series 3 TDV6 Auto
Land Rover Discovery Series 1 Tdi.
Land Rover Discovery Series II Td5
Home Language: Afrikaans / English / German

Post by Saltman »

Nice one Tjaart!

OK, so what goes where and does the fridge fit in the open space on the RHS?
How is the system secured to the floor - do you use the existing tie down holes?

Thanks for the pics!
Saltman:
One foot in Land Rover land and one foot in Patrol land and the sensitive bits are hanging in the salty sea in between!
Tjaart
Full Name: Tjaart Janse van Rensburg
Nickname: TJ
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Patrol 4500 GRX

Post by Tjaart »

Saltman

Have you made the final move into Patrol Country yet, or are you still slipping on all the oil spillage from the Land Rover?

Any way. Yes the Fridge goes on the Right. The National Luna Dual Battery Pack goes on top of the box, and is wired so that I can just plug in to the socket situated on the left hand side, above the air grill. There is hardly any space in the engine bay, because that is where the ENGINE goes :clap: .

I use the existing tie down loops in the floor. The grill goes between the fridge and drawer box, in a cover of course. :thumbup:

The fire extinguisher moved to the roof rack. The top drawer is all the camping lamps, toilet paper [unused], plates, cutlery, spices, bread, cable ties, shade nets. The bottom drawer takes the hardware. Tools, recovery kit, belts, kerosene lanterns, gas stove elements, VAT 69 whiskey, Soda tie down straps, Q-20, axe, machete, extra 10mm extension cable for winch, fire lighters snatch block, etc. I've lined the bottom drawer with foam padding, and then cut slots for all the equipment, so there is no rattling and rolling around. If everything is organized, I find that I can get more in the drawers than just moering inside randomly.

I've mounted my compressor pump on the left, next to the air grill vent, and wired it to the thick cables supplying the battery back-up pack. I then had a 7m hose made up, with quick couplers. So now there is no standing next to the open bonnet and dragging the pump around and battling with the useless little yellow coiled up hose line.

I've also installed a work light to the back of the spare wheel carrier. Works beautifully. This is wired through the back door and then under the sill to the side panel on the left. It can swivel to the desired area. I've used a Tractor light head lamp, and connected the bright wire. I am planning to replace the bulb with a "Xenon / Super Bright LED" to save battery power. I've also replaced my roof light bulbs with LED's, what a pleasure.
Rotating lamp!!
Rotating lamp!!
Work Light1.JPG (118.14 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
I also build the step ladder at the back. Now way I'm paying R1500 for a flimsy aluminium one... Now I battle to keep the children off the roof :biggrin: . I also made a bracket to carry the high lift jack on the back of the spare wheel. I try to keep the weight down on the roof rack. Usually, the tent, chairs and jerry cans go there. I don't want it to heavy off road. The high lift jack will move to front on top the TJM bumper. I'll post some pics once it's done.

I also removed the aftermarket immobilizer today. What a damn nightmare. :fire: !! The people who done that, was totally useless and very sloppy. I had plenty of loose wires, not connected, earths all over the show. Very untidy. It got wet in the river and the wheels came off. So out that went. I'll post a pic of that abortion. Now it is easy, put in key, turn key, open door, get in, put in key, turn key and drive away!! No more remotes with flat batteries, wet wires. :clap: I was so shocked at reading the post about the expensive spare key, and that got me thinking, maybe a bit too much!! But the central locking still works!! :thumbup: !!

O yes, it would appear that Ironman will fix the damn winch which died on Thursday!! :blonde: :guitarred:!! I've also build a drop down table on the big rear door, which flaps open, holds the beer and braai tongs, then flaps back on off we go!! I'll post a pic of that too!!

As you can see, I've mounted the radio antenna on the right rear hip of The Brave. It was very painful to drill such a big hole in my own car. But it works well and looks good. My friend and I can communicate up to 3km in bush. Which is handy when traveling dusty, twisty roads. I've mounted the radio next to centre console on the passenger side!
Attachments
High lift jack on spare wheel. Easily accessed and removed.
High lift jack on spare wheel. Easily accessed and removed.
Flex.JPG (132.94 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
THE BRAVE
says
Aut PATROL aut nihil

Aut vincere aut mori
Jules
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Julius
Nickname: Jules
Home Town: Rietjiesvlei, Zoeloeland
Current 4x4: Pathfinder
GQ Patrol
Home Language: AFR

Post by Jules »

Awesome looking lorrie Tjaart, ek moet jou komplimenteer op jou vakmanskap. Is you not scared by attaching highlift jack on front bumper it might become a missile flying through your front window?

What is the size of the fridge you put into that small right area :surprised:

Groete
Jules
Walk by FAITH not by sight
2014 Pathfinder 2.5 LE
Stofpad 4x4 Bashplate
42&60L Snomaster Freezer/Fridge
Buzzard Industries Overlander Trailer

Return to “21. DIY Projects”