Jurgens XT 75 Trailer

Q&A: Stuff to make your trips and camping more comfortable.
Tony
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Greyton - W/Cape
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Jurgens XT 75 Trailer

Post by Tony »

I've been contemplating buying myself a trailer for some time now - (what with SWAMBO & mini SWAMBO's amazing ability to out do themselves with transporting the entire household on every trip we do!) So I popped over the road to our local Campworld / Loftus Caravan City to try and pick up a 2nd hand deal. Well, naturally nothing was available apart from the selection of new Jurgens models ie. XT 65; XT 75; XT 120 & XT 140.

Well after much deliberation, I decided to take an XT 75 - the 120 is really nice, but maybe a little expensive for the kind of usage that we will make with it. I will probably fit a tent at some stage but no more than that as I want a storage box more than a full on camp kitchen. When we connected the plug however, the left indicator and brake lights didn't work so I assumed that my plug might be at fault, so I have just checked with a multimeter and everything checks out according to the wiring diagram. Is it possible that the trailer has been incorrectly wired??

I did clean out the plug, and sprayed Q20 on the contacts - will check it out again tomorrow when I collect the trailer, hopefully it all works because we leave at sparrows on Friday for a game farm just south of Messina and will be fully loaded!!
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Jurgens XT 75 Trailer

Post by Tinus lotz »

Congratulations Tony just make a turn in the morning by them or plug into your other car and check
Keep it it safe on the road hey... :salute:
Jorrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Jacobus Jordaan
Nickname: Jorrie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX (now in Benji's hands), 2019 Zook Gen 4, 2011 4.8 GRX Patrol Adventure 60
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Post by Jorrie »

Congratulations on your new acquisition.
Check the earth wire on the plug and the towing hitch.
Secondly, check that there are no spiders webs in the plugs. They are often the cause of this problem by causing a short.
Jorrie
1998 4500 GRX (Benji)
2011 4800 GRX Adventure 60 (Jorrie)
2011 Jimny Sold (Benji)
2 x 2019 Jimnies (1 x Lizzybean69, 1 x Jorrie)
Tony
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Greyton - W/Cape
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Post by Tony »

Thanks guys, there was an earthing issue on the trailers plug, also the pins in the two plugs needed to be opened up a little to make better contact. By the way, what pressure does one run on with an empty bin, as opposed to a loaded trailer??

Return to “19. Overlanding/Camping Equipment”