Bicycle Rack

Bullbars, roof racks, suspensions and other accessories relating to vehicle performance
Rhett
Full Name: Rhett van der Stelt
Nickname: Rhett
Home Town: Heidelberg
Current 4x4: 3.2Did Shorty Pajero
Home Language: English

Re: Bicycle Rack

Post by Rhett »

Pleasure,

Jip it has stood up to some rough roads. My main gripe is the fact that it bolts onto the tow bar, and I have to take the tow ball off each time. So if anyone is going to design your own, I suggest Googling some easier fixing methods.
Rhett
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9e98c ... XUyixKJavQ

Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Toyota Land Cruiser HJ45
biggles
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Steven
Nickname: Steve
Home Town: Durbanville
Current 4x4: GUII Patrol 4.8

Post by biggles »

Rhett wrote: 08 Feb 2018 08:15 Pleasure,

Jip it has stood up to some rough roads. My main gripe is the fact that it bolts onto the tow bar, and I have to take the tow ball off each time. So if anyone is going to design your own, I suggest Googling some easier fixing methods.
My thoughts exactly. With the trailer on I cannot use the bike rack that uses the towball. I have bought a MIG welder and job number 3 is to adapt the carrier into one that uses a plate behind the towball. I also have the problem where I have to use an extension bar to get the bike rack out past the sparewheel. And the Explorer doesn't like the extension bar. So out come the spanners everytime I want to go for a cycle and then again when I want to tow the caravan...
With great Power comes Great Fuel Consumption
:layrubber:
Rhett
Full Name: Rhett van der Stelt
Nickname: Rhett
Home Town: Heidelberg
Current 4x4: 3.2Did Shorty Pajero

Post by Rhett »

You have a rear steel bumper on yours, correct? Could you not build a swivel arm so the bike rack swings out to the side? Almost like the spare tyres do on the BZT Patrol bumpers?..
Rhett
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9e98c ... XUyixKJavQ

Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Toyota Land Cruiser HJ45
biggles
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Steven
Nickname: Steve
Home Town: Durbanville
Current 4x4: GUII Patrol 4.8

Post by biggles »

Rhett wrote: 13 Feb 2018 09:59 You have a rear steel bumper on yours, correct? Could you not build a swivel arm so the bike rack swings out to the side? Almost like the spare tyres do on the BZT Patrol bumpers?..
I did look at modifying the jerry can holder to fit a bike aswell. The problem is I hate having to move the swing arm to open the rear door. I am just lazy that way. To get at the fridge I would have to open 4 "doors".

What I will look at is something I can fit into the removable tow-hitch receiver.
With great Power comes Great Fuel Consumption
:layrubber:

Return to “18. Vehicle Accessories”