GRX Second Spare Wheel & Increasing Fuel Capacity

Bullbars, roof racks, suspensions and other accessories relating to vehicle performance
gupster
Full Name: Barry Guppy
Nickname: Baz
Home Town: Hibberdene
Current 4x4: 2001 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GRX
2005 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GR
Home Language: English

Re: GRX Second Spare Wheel & Increasing Fuel Capacity

Post by gupster »

Hi Alex. I was driving very slowly and averaging about 11 L per 100, accept through the mud etc. I could easily do 700 on my main tank and had another, perhaps 400 plus in reserve on the roof which I never used until Guinea. I was surprised to see how easily diesel was available up the W. coast but filled up whenever I could. I had read blogs before I left that were only just over a year old and where they had struggled and were forced to buy diesel in bottles on the side of the road, just a year later and garages were springing up all over the place allowing me to get a regular supply. ATM's are surprisingly widespread too and I was able to use my Visa card most of the time only using dollars occasionally. It was diesel from a total garage 300 Ks from the border with Senegal that stopped mine and a Belgians Landcruiser
Have Troll, will travel.
James
Full Name: James Craythorne
Nickname: James
Home Town: Cape Town North
Current 4x4: 1999 Nissan Patrol 4.5 GSX
2000 Nissan Patrol 4.5 GX
Home Language: english

Re: GRX Second Spare Wheel & Increasing Fuel Capacity

Post by James »

Only back now after long absence, the s/s tank works well, have one fitted by them, hit a rock on 3 Provinces and 'dented' it on a weld and sprung a leak, had it repaired.
Used some 'soap' to block the leak till we got home!

Return to “18. Vehicle Accessories”