roelf prinsloo
Full Name: Roelf Prinsloo
Nickname: Roelf
Home Town: Klerksdorp
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 5.6L V8 LE Premuim ( Y62 ) 2018
Home Language: Afrikaans

SPACER UNDER COILS

Post by roelf prinsloo »

Ek wil graag my patrol 4.8 n 50 mm lift gee. die probleem wat ek het is dat die ome springs te hard is en ek meestal nie eers 200kg vrag dra as ek ry nie.hier is mense wat se ek moet so 30 mm nylon onder die coils insit om dit te behaal,sal ook nie nodig wees om die skokbrekers te vervang nie. Is daar iemand wat vir my ander voorstel het of dit al gedoen het? sal julle terugvoer wardeer.
NMAD
Full Name: noel
Nickname: happy
Home Town: C
Current 4x4: 20
Home Language: E

Re: SPACER UNDER COILS

Post by NMAD »

Do you have OME - old man emu coils?

to understand: you want to put 30mm spacers in to raise the patrol more? and the ride is too hard when you haven't loaded it at the back as its the 200kg constant coils
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel

Post by Michael »

If you want to increase your flex you will have to get other shocks to match your new lift.
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
roelf prinsloo
Full Name: Roelf Prinsloo
Nickname: Roelf
Home Town: Klerksdorp
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 5.6L V8 LE Premuim ( Y62 ) 2018

Post by roelf prinsloo »

My prevous 4.8 had a ome set in when i bought it, and i am not sure what the setup was.The new one is std and the ride is much softer.as i understand from megaworld the coils is to carry 200 kg constant load.All i want is the 50 mm lift with the soft ride.
NMAD
Full Name: noel
Nickname: happy
Home Town: C
Current 4x4: 20
Home Language: E

Post by NMAD »

Ok, so you have a new 4.8grx and it has the stock nissan patrol suspension in and you want to lift it about 50mm and keep the ride soft.

I have the same GRX and I had a lot of shocks/coils etc and you will find it hard to get a 50mm lift and still keep it as comfortable as stock.

I have heard from a few people that trim packers or spacers are not good as it will make your axle articulation decrees by the thickness of the packer but I am not sure on this as I have never tried it.(think this is more related to independant suspension setups)

You would also need to get new shocks to travel the extra length of the packer and most of the 4x4 shocks only have about a 20mm extra travel length over the standard shock.

There is a very nice shock test article somewhere on this forum that actually tells you the shock lengths, firmness etc which you could use to give you an idea when getting a new shock for the spacers if you go that route. (pm me your email and i will email it to you as I can't upload it as it's about 4mb)

I just got an OME suspension coils and shocks and it was suppose to be only a 20mm front lift (2972) and 30mm medium back (2982) lift but in reality it was more than this and it changed my caster my 1.5 degrees. still rides nice thought. I matched it up to the N19 front and N29 rear all yellow nitro charger shocks, I don't like the new Nitro charger sport as they are a bit too stiff. I wanted the N19 c shocks but they are discontinued which is a pity as the C stands for comfort so they are nice and comfy.

Interesting that OME do not recommend trim packers in the rear suspension, they only use it in the front suspension for leveling the patrol out if required.

You will have problems with your rear stabilizer bar if you put 50mm spacers in and you would need to get extension brackets, OME makes a kit part number FK18, only about R350. It's good for a 2 inch lift so will be adequate.

Return to “16. DIY Projects”