Re: Patrol Insurance

Post by David M »

Michael wrote:
David M wrote:Another thing to check on with the older vehicles -

'98 Patrol 4.5 GL
Retail book value = R 80 000
Extras value = R 100 000
Insured value = R 180 000

Write off at 70% and here check whether it is Retail book value or Insured value.

Some are at Retail book value so R 80 000 X 70% = R 56 000 write off value, they take your vehicle and pay you out.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
This is what Santam does as I raised this question with them. The numbers at the bottom is on my actual patrol........better than I thought :thumbup:

Santam works on retail value. They use the retail of the vehicle at the date of loss. So let's say your vehicle is worth R100,000.00 today, but in 4 months you have an accident and on that day your vehicle's resale value is R94,000.00, then the insurance will be R94,000.00.
Your Nissan's current retail value is R89,800.00, along with your extras it is R158,800.00. If your vehicle is written off, they work at the retail price of R89,800.00 and then they will pay you your extras. Remember that extras are paid according to your proof and new quotation
This is my exact point. I am talking about the level they will write off your vehicle, pay you out and they own the vehicle.

If it is based on the retail value of the vehicle get them to change it or change insurer.

If it is based on the retail value plus the value of the extras you are fine.
There are still places out there!!!! - Daniel Goz - The "Tapam" movie

Return to “15. Other Patrol Stuff”