erasmusdries
Full Name: Dries Erasmus
Nickname: Dries
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 2000 Patrol 4.2 GL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Alternator and battery box

Post by erasmusdries »

Biggles I cannot tell you what the problem might be but I also have a HCDP 12A DC- DC charger in my Patrol with only a 60 Amp altenator charging an extra battery in the front as well as the main battery and then the third battery in the HCDP box in the back with a cable that plugs into the BH plug for the trailer (when not in use) and I once had the same problem. I cleaned the vents of the box and the electronics board with my tyre inflator using a thin nozzle on the front--the kind you use on soccer balls and I cleaned the BH connector points ---problem solved.I dont know if your HCDP box has the switch to change between ALT and Solar charging.
biggles
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Steven
Nickname: Steve
Home Town: Durbanville
Current 4x4: GUII Patrol 4.8
Home Language: English

Re: Alternator and battery box

Post by biggles »

erasmusdries wrote: 05 Oct 2018 17:42 Biggles I cannot tell you what the problem might be but I also have a HCDP 12A DC- DC charger in my Patrol with only a 60 Amp altenator charging an extra battery in the front as well as the main battery and then the third battery in the HCDP box in the back with a cable that plugs into the BH plug for the trailer (when not in use) and I once had the same problem. I cleaned the vents of the box and the electronics board with my tyre inflator using a thin nozzle on the front--the kind you use on soccer balls and I cleaned the BH connector points ---problem solved.I dont know if your HCDP box has the switch to change between ALT and Solar charging.
Today is electrics day. I will try that. I will also go through my connections... as I said i am bad at electrics maybe I did not do a join so deliciously as I should have.
With great Power comes Great Fuel Consumption
:layrubber:

Return to “13. Electrical & Electronics”