Patrol Pics



Remote control programming

Remote control programming

Postby pdasilva » 09 Jan 2013 12:32

I purchased a new remote for my 2005 Patrol. Does anybody have instructions oh how to programme the remote.

Thanks.
pdasilva
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2011 14:07
Location: Kempton park
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Full Name: Paulo
Nickname: da Silva
Home Town: Kempton Park , Gauteng.
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8grx
Suzuki Sidekick 1.6
Home Language: English

Re: Remote control programming

Postby Didi » 06 Feb 2013 20:57

Nissan Patrol Reference Document
Page 49 of 138
KEYLESS REMOTE - REPROGRAMMING
Heres how it’s done:
1. Get in your vehicle and close all the doors.
2. Using your drivers lock button, lock all doors.
3. After doors are locked take your ignition key and insert it and remove it from ignition
switch approximately 6 times within a 10 second period a reasonably quick way. Make
sure the key is all the way out before inserting again.
4. The hazard lights should flash and the doors will unlock.
5. Re-lock the doors using the drivers lock button.
6. Put the key in ignition switch and turn to the on position. Do not start the engine or
you will have to start again.
7. When in the on position hit the lock button on the remote, one time, the hazard
lights should flash.
8. Turn the ignition off and remove the key, open the drivers door and close, then test
the key.
Note: You will have to reprogram all your remotes at once, if you do not your old remotes
will not work. If you have other remotes press their buttons within 7 seconds of the
first one.

Hope this help.
Didi
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Aug 2012 23:31
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Full Name: Derald Diedericks
Nickname: Didi
Home Town: Kriel
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Remote control programming

Postby Tinus lotz » 07 Feb 2013 06:49

Good post :thumbup:
User avatar
Tinus lotz
Moderator
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 6172
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 13:07
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 203 times
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Remote control programming

Postby Jorrie » 07 Feb 2013 08:57

Whilst talking about remotes, where can I buy a spare remote for my 1998 Y61?
Jorrie
4500 GRX
Jimny
User avatar
Jorrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 18:55
Location: Pretoria
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Full Name: Jacobus Jordaan
Nickname: Jorrie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX, 2011 Zook
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Re: Remote control programming

Postby pdasilva » 07 Feb 2013 20:10

Didi wrote:Nissan Patrol Reference Document
Page 49 of 138
KEYLESS REMOTE - REPROGRAMMING
Heres how it’s done:
1. Get in your vehicle and close all the doors.
2. Using your drivers lock button, lock all doors.
3. After doors are locked take your ignition key and insert it and remove it from ignition
switch approximately 6 times within a 10 second period a reasonably quick way. Make
sure the key is all the way out before inserting again.
4. The hazard lights should flash and the doors will unlock.
5. Re-lock the doors using the drivers lock button.
6. Put the key in ignition switch and turn to the on position. Do not start the engine or
you will have to start again.
7. When in the on position hit the lock button on the remote, one time, the hazard
lights should flash.
8. Turn the ignition off and remove the key, open the drivers door and close, then test
the key.
Note: You will have to reprogram all your remotes at once, if you do not your old remotes
will not work. If you have other remotes press their buttons within 7 seconds of the
first one.

Hope this help.

Hi there.

I have tried this but with no success.I dont get past point 3 my hazards never get to flash.
pdasilva
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2011 14:07
Location: Kempton park
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Full Name: Paulo
Nickname: da Silva
Home Town: Kempton Park , Gauteng.
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8grx
Suzuki Sidekick 1.6
Home Language: English

Re: Remote control programming

Postby pdasilva » 12 Feb 2013 16:30

The friendly guys at Mark white Nissan assisted me.

You need to turn the ignition switch ON and OFF six times before then hazards kick in. Then you can follow the procedure above.Also the door does not need to be closed when doing this.
pdasilva
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: 03 Jun 2011 14:07
Location: Kempton park
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Full Name: Paulo
Nickname: da Silva
Home Town: Kempton Park , Gauteng.
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8grx
Suzuki Sidekick 1.6
Home Language: English

Re: Remote control programming

Postby ricster » 12 Feb 2013 16:50

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Well done mate !!!!
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
User avatar
ricster
Moderator
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: 13 Jan 2010 11:16
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 164 times
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: English

Re: Remote control programming

Postby Tony » 12 Feb 2013 20:46

I had both my wife's Xtrail remotes replaced and reprogrammed as well as one of mine from Craighall Locksmiths - cost a lot less than Nissan - I just cannot remember the guy's name - Tel No. is 011 787-2199 or 083 602-6026.
User avatar
Tony
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 06 Feb 2010 14:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 14 times
Full Name: Antonio Barone
Nickname: Tony
Home Town: Randburg
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.8 GRX
Home Language: English

Re: Remote control programming

Postby Jorrie » 12 Feb 2013 21:26

Tony wrote:I had both my wife's Xtrail remotes replaced and reprogrammed as well as one of mine from Craighall Locksmiths - cost a lot less than Nissan - I just cannot remember the guy's name - Tel No. is 011 787-2199 or 083 602-6026.


Thank you very much Tony. I will certainly follow it up.
Jorrie
4500 GRX
Jimny
User avatar
Jorrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 21 Jun 2011 18:55
Location: Pretoria
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Full Name: Jacobus Jordaan
Nickname: Jorrie
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX, 2011 Zook
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Re: Remote control programming

Postby SJBS » 04 Mar 2013 19:57

Jorrie wrote:
Tony wrote:I had both my wife's Xtrail remotes replaced and reprogrammed as well as one of mine from Craighall Locksmiths - cost a lot less than Nissan - I just cannot remember the guy's name - Tel No. is 011 787-2199 or 083 602-6026.


Thank you very much Tony. I will certainly follow it up.



Jorrie,

Let us know how it panned out - I also have a '98 GRX with the buttons pushed through... Thus will have to invest in some new remotes soon.
User avatar
SJBS
Full Member
Full Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 10 Feb 2013 09:44
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Full Name: Steve Barnard
Nickname: Steve
Home Town: Ellisras
Current 4x4: 99 Trol 4500 GRX
Range Rover
Terrano
Home Language: Afrikaans

Next

Return to 13. Electrical & Electronics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests