Page 5 of 5

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 07:15
by Michael
Great post Ian
One question/statement, the bottom clip on the door is no longer available from Nissan. I even tried importing one from another website, but no joy.

David, where do those 45deg clips go?

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 12:22
by iandvl
Michael,

I could also not get any of the 45 degree clips. They are the bottom ones on the back doors.

If someone has a spare, please let me know. I can then measure them up and print more in future....

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 14:06
by David M
iandvl wrote:Michael,

I could also not get any of the 45 degree clips. They are the bottom ones on the back doors.

If someone has a spare, please let me know. I can then measure them up and print more in future....
Those are the ones that you are looking for and my photo is complete with part no's etc and there is stock in Rosslyn.

If your local Nissan dealer is too lazy or unable speak to Shaun at MWN. He got them for me in 24 hrs. Where less than R 30 each so not worth 3D printing.

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 14:17
by iandvl
David M wrote: Those are the ones that you are looking for and my photo is complete with part no's etc and there is stock in Rosslyn.

If your local Nissan dealer is too lazy or unable speak to Shaun at MWN. He got them for me in 24 hrs. Where less than R 30 each so not worth 3D printing.
Thanks David. Rosslyn is around the corner. I will make a plan. Going to measure them up in any case.

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 14:21
by iandvl
On a side note: from my calculations, it would cost between 25c and 50c to print in terms of raw material (excluding design time).

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 14:42
by Michael
Not sure where they got those part numbers David?
Aparantly the parts number on my VIN is 93894VB000 for the LH and 93895VB0000 for the RH

Wonder if this is one of those parts that have changed numbers and no one knows the new part number

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 15:13
by Michael
Took one of those clips out, they look exactly like the ones posted by David

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 15:45
by David M
iandvl wrote:On a side note: from my calculations, it would cost between 25c and 50c to print in terms of raw material (excluding design time).
Yep - It's the design time that's the killer.

I have previously asked my son to print me parts - His question is normally what is Nissan's ridiculous price, I tell him and then he offers to pay for it as his time is worth much more :mytwocents:

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 15:47
by David M
Michael wrote:Not sure where they got those part numbers David?
Aparantly the parts number on my VIN is 93894VB000 for the LH and 93895VB0000 for the RH

Wonder if this is one of those parts that have changed numbers and no one knows the new part number
Yep - No has changed - Shaun from MWN had to hunt it down and it's description is "Grommet Rubber" !!!!

Re: Trim Beading

Posted: 05 Nov 2017 15:48
by David M
Michael wrote:Took one of those clips out, they look exactly like the ones posted by David
Michael WhattsApp'ed me his measurements and it is exactly the same thing.