Rob 88
Full Name: Robert
Nickname: Rob 88
Home Town: kempton park
Current 4x4: 2002 Patrol 3.0 DI GL
Home Language: English

Fender Flares

Post by Rob 88 »

Hi all i have a 2002 Patrol 3.0L DI and the fender flares always loose that little rubber between the body and the flare. So i am going to make a fender flare that bolts on. i would just like some opinions on what i am trying to achive. i am gonna make some like the pic. but my main concern is i would also like to market them in S.A so i wanna have a happy medium on the size.... so it can be used on standard and modded patrols.

So my idea is to make the flare 150mm wide, so that it is wider than the standard flare but also to make it look beefy. So that the guy out there running around on 33'' and 35'' tyres, can also protect there body work..... if anyone has and coments it will be much need.....

this is wat i want them to sort of look like......
fender Idea.jpg
fender Idea.jpg (54.83 KiB) Viewed 18992 times
Attachments
patrol6-1024x874[1].jpg
patrol6-1024x874[1].jpg (250.53 KiB) Viewed 18892 times
patrol3-1024x943[1].jpg
patrol3-1024x943[1].jpg (260.09 KiB) Viewed 18892 times
Last edited by Rob 88 on 11 Apr 2014 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Fender Flares

Post by Tinus lotz »

Looks good but the pic is for a gq not a gu like your one hey....I know of a lot of gq owners that would be interested. How much do you think they are going to be ?
Rob 88

Post by Rob 88 »

i am working on the pricing and if i get everything right and looking good. and there is intrest in in then i will look for a GQ to build one for too...
but will keep you up to date on my progress....
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

Cool.... Keep us posted on the progress. Mine are pretty crappy at the moment, But I believe one can import from overseas. Christo, with Chuck changed his if I'm not mistaken. Not sure of the price though.
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL

Post by Peter Connan »

Rob 88 wrote:i am working on the pricing and if i get everything right and looking good. and there is intrest in in then i will look for a GQ to build one for too...
but will keep you up to date on my progress....
There are two GQ owners in Kempton who would be happy to act as guennea pigs. Myself and Marakasmalan...
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
offroadbiker
Full Name: Dirk de Clerk
Nickname: ORB
Home Town: Krugersdorp
Current 4x4: Patrol GQ 4.2 ST
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by offroadbiker »

Also would like a set pls.

3 customers already :oldtimer: when can we expect delivery :pray:
Dirk
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 ST
IanT
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian Temperley
Nickname: IanT (aka) "The Joker"
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: 1995 GQ 4.2 Petrol (Turbo Charged) (Hell Boy)
2008 4.8 GRX Umkombe

Post by IanT »

make it a 4th customer, but my one for a GU :thumbup:
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel

Post by Michael »

I'm also keen on a set for a GU, I look the look of the bolts that are exposed on the sample picture
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
Rob 88

Post by Rob 88 »

Good After Noon All

Just would like some opinions, i have decided to go for a 4'' flare +/- 100mm. As i think this would be a big enough option. Now as for where i stand now, the original flares on the patrol have a slight textured finish. so now do i do a textured finish on mine or have them smooth?
If they are smooth then the guys can paint them and if any damage accrues it will be easy to repair? where as with a textured finish, there will always be a patch mark if it were to be repaired? but on the other hand how many guys would colour code them? Suggestions please?

The second question i put to you guys, is those nice stainless bolts will be part of the mounting to the body as to hold the top of the flare, as well as the rubber in place. thus you would have to make new holes into the body of your patrol???? But the up side is you will never loose a flare or a rubber on a patrol ever again!!!! Would you guys have a problem with doing this??

i will be starting to do the production of the 4'' flares on my patrol, that is the GU flares after the easter weekend. it should take about +/- 2 weeks to complete with out any complication...... From there i should be able weather permitting to knock out a set of flares in +/- 2 to 3 days....

Now it looks like for the GU patrol i could supply the complete kit, all the 4'' flares, stainless allenkey bolts, washers, nuts, and rubbers for some where in the price range of +/- R3500-00..... Wat do you think of this price???
offroadbiker
Full Name: Dirk de Clerk
Nickname: ORB
Home Town: Krugersdorp
Current 4x4: Patrol GQ 4.2 ST
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Post by offroadbiker »

Rob 88 wrote:Good After Noon All

Just would like some opinions, i have decided to go for a 4'' flare +/- 100mm. As i think this would be a big enough option. Now as for where i stand now, the original flares on the patrol have a slight textured finish. so now do i do a textured finish on mine or have them smooth?
If they are smooth then the guys can paint them and if any damage accrues it will be easy to repair? where as with a textured finish, there will always be a patch mark if it were to be repaired? but on the other hand how many guys would colour code them? Suggestions please?

The second question i put to you guys, is those nice stainless bolts will be part of the mounting to the body as to hold the top of the flare, as well as the rubber in place. thus you would have to make new holes into the body of your patrol???? But the up side is you will never loose a flare or a rubber on a patrol ever again!!!! Would you guys have a problem with doing this??

i will be starting to do the production of the 4'' flares on my patrol, that is the GU flares after the easter weekend. it should take about +/- 2 weeks to complete with out any complication...... From there i should be able weather permitting to knock out a set of flares in +/- 2 to 3 days....

Now it looks like for the GU patrol i could supply the complete kit, all the 4'' flares, stainless allenkey bolts, washers, nuts, and rubbers for some where in the price range of +/- R3500-00..... Wat do you think of this price???
4" is fine :thumbup:
Smooth or textured - dont mind what ever is easiet for you
Holes is acceptable :oldtimer:
Price - QQQ we love our Patrols :wink:
Dirk
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 ST

Return to “11. Chassis, Bodywork & Trim”