Dashboard Re-Covered and Tail Lights Done!

JohnBoyZA
Site Admin
Full Name: John Murray
Nickname: John Boy
Home Town: Bloubergstrand
Current 4x4: Patrol GRX 4.8
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Re: Dashboard Re-Covered and Tail Lights Done!

Post by JohnBoyZA »

Very cool!

:thumbup:
Nissan Patrol, GRX, 4.8 (GU Y61)
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon
Home Language: English

Post by Russ Kellermann »

Chris Skinner wrote:After giving up hope with NIssan
This is all to familiar now for me. Comments like this, and hundreds of others, including mine, have painted a picture too vivid to ignore. a possible vehicle brand change is on the cards for me. My expectations were not overly high, but product delivery was so shockingly low with the Patrol/Nissan, that dealings like this just are not worth it.

Take your case in point. Those dash's that bubbled were all meant to be replaced no questions asked, As per bulletin. Then all of a sudden NSA change it to only certain year models, then they still argue those down till you so tired of arguing they know people will just walk away. They dont care if they lose clients, as long as they get their poxy salary at the end of the month it makes no difference how many people swap to Toyota or tother brands cause it wont affect the salary. They have taken on the government employee attitude and mediocrity now reigns in the Nissan House.

Why is it that Australian Nissan dealerships replace any /all bubbled dash boards no questions asked regardless of year model - Oh wait, YES, Because it was a factory fault by NISSAN. Apparently not in SA though, hmmm.

Either something is right, or it is wrong, there is no in-between.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
AndriesS
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Andries
Nickname: None
Home Town: Pretoorsdorp
Current 4x4: 4.8 GL with hairdryer.
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by AndriesS »

Russ, unforgettably this not limited to Nissan. This will remain a problem until the consumer gets proper protection in SA and manufactures are forced to fix their defects.

I've had Merc, Minis etc and have had similar issue. A simple pig tail / wire extension on 2 sensors on the Merc would have saved us thousands, ironically this was a recall overseas but in SA they got away with an inspection (sic) and left the 2nd owner to foot the bill.
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL

Post by Peter Connan »

I agree with Andries.

This is not a Nissan problem, it is a cultural problem, and it is spreading throughout SA on the example set by our government.

You have said yourself that Toyota's service is similarly going down the tubes. The problem may be locally kept at bay by a smart and determined dealer principle, but I do not see any short-term improvement to the overall picture.

As far as I am concerned, the only real solution is to use independants, but unfortunately there really aren't any for the Patrol, and even the Toyota boys don't have many options.

So that leaves you with a landy or a Jeep, but personally I would rather stick with the Patrol and fix it myself.
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Grant
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Francis
Nickname: Grant
Home Town: Rosendal
Current 4x4: 2020 70 Series V8 LC
Hilux 2,4 4x4 SC Dakar

Post by Grant »

Peter.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Agree with you. My troll has not seen the inside of a Nissan dealership for around 150 k km. Sold both Qashqai's. Fantastic cars but got fed up with not tyres available. Both my car and my wife's each stood for about a week each, waiting for tyres.

Traded it in for a Navara and after 2000 km had to have the gearbox changed. On it's first service they did not have stock of the rear door seal so had to take it back two weeks later.The dealers personnel also broke the centre console latch.

Will be taking it to Mark White Nissan for the next service.
V8 Power

You can't expect to be old and wise
if you were never young and crazy
Grootseun
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Driko Henningse
Nickname: Grootseun
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: 2001 3.0 TDI Patrol
2006 3.3v6 Kingcab ( 4x2 ) on 33" ( sold )
2012 Navara Kingcab 4x2 2.5 tdi

Post by Grootseun »

Well if you want to knwo about Nissan dealers and bad service i can give you hours of info

Bought my Navara two weeks ago , was to be deliverd the friday , eventually i was phoned to come and collect as they cant deliver and the saleslady will not be there she is going to JHB so ill collect from another salesperson , i refused and asked to collect from the DP
I arrived ony to find her still there and my bakkei outside and not even washed yet
The DP sorted this out and had it washed and filled up with diesel which they only did to 3/4 a tank so they had to go redo that chore
Now 14 days later the FI that incidently insulted my wife over the phone ( had that fight with them already ) calls and claims the insurance is incorrect we need to change the policy details
In the meantime im pulled over by metro telling me that my towbar which i had tehm fit is not legal as it has no makers plate stating the sabs aprovaland tow rating on it and its not tightended properly ( 12mm hap on left between towbar and chassi )
Of course the dealship argues o and to boot i had them rubberrise the truck , this they also cokcked up the rubberrising is peeling of and crumbling and i had to pull of the masking tape after taking delivery as they cleaned it half assed

So when im in spain later this month my truck will go back so that they can fix it

So yes Nissan dealers suck and the ones in Hatfield eish ...................
2001 9.4 Patrol DI GRX
Bigger Intercooler
Oil Catch Can
PC Bash Plates
More Mods to follow
Wilfred Moore
Full Name: Wilfred Moore
Nickname: Wilfred
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: 2010 Nissan Patrol 4800 GRX

Post by Wilfred Moore »

Hi Chris, the dasboard looks great. Glad that you did it. :woo:
Now the Patrol is like a new one, enjoy !!
Wilfred
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

I have owned many 4wd's, and only ever serviced them myself, including major servicing and repairs.

However, this was the first time i was buying such an expensive vehicle and on such low milage, i wanted to keep things original and my service history true, for fear that something goes wrong under warranty or extended warranty (Which has happened) , so i was stuck between a rock and a hard place but it has , in the end, saved me about a R50 - R60 000 repair bill on the gearbox.... although that said i have had to wait 7months for it to be fixed , and i have been without a vehicle now for 4months in total. (still waiting)
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
davejones
Full Name: David Jones
Nickname: David
Home Town: Lagos, Nigeria
Current 4x4: 1998 Nissan Patrol 4.2D GL

Post by davejones »

Russ i hope your very jaded view of NSA and what seems like the world in general improves buddy :pray:
1998 Nissan Patrol GL (GU / Y61 - TD42, with turbo)
An ox, but with balls !!!
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

Tell me about it. :violin:

Return to “11. Chassis, Bodywork & Trim”