Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: 3.0 - V8 conversion

Post by Tinus lotz »

[quote="Johann 1984"]Michael, if possible, I'd like to fit a non-turbo charged 4.2 diesel. If I convert the 3.0 to a 4.2 NA diesel, can I drive to any Nissan dealership to have it fixed or services or repaired for example? How durable and of what quality is the 4.2 'heart implant'?

Perhaps this is the way to go...[/quoteNissan makes a td42t engine it came out in the patrol here and in the ud40 truck ....oil filters ect are the same the only difference is the amount of sweat on your forehead trying to overtake with a n/a 4.2 .....al cool when its flat going uphill is a killer :lol:
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: 3.0 - V8 conversion

Post by Michael »

Johann 1984 wrote:Michael, if possible, I'd like to fit a non-turbo charged 4.2 diesel. If I convert the 3.0 to a 4.2 NA diesel, can I drive to any Nissan dealership to have it fixed or services or repaired for example? How durable and of what quality is the 4.2 'heart implant'?

Perhaps this is the way to go...
Johann, going NA TD42 should not be a problem to have it serviced and maintained at the dealers.
The import turbo engines or our local turbo engines like in the pickups has no more power than the NA engines when left as is, but will obviously be easier to get the power up aa you will def want to do it after being used to the zd30 power.

I can build build both NA or turbo if you need any of the two.
The NA engine I can supply for around R35,000 - R40,000 then it is reconditioned
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff

Return to “09. Engines”