Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian de Villiers
Nickname: Ian
Home Town: Garsfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX
Home Language: English

Re: Nogsteeds die overheating probleem

Post by iandvl »

David M wrote:Louis - I think 1 thing at a time or you will never know what caused it. Timing is done so carry some spanners on your trip. If it continues to heat up then remove those spots and see if that makes a difference.

I like Fanus's idea about doing the same as Michael and then put your number plate on hinges over the fairlead.
RE: The number plate on hinges over the fairlead. I'd be careful of doing this if the winch has synthetic rope. I've seen a few synthetic ropes chafe as a result of the number plate swinging back and forth. IIRC, Alex also may have had issues with this.

Edit: Looking at the photos, I see the winch has a cable and not synthetic rope. Still, something to keep in mind. :lol: :lol:
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80
David M
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: David Marais
Nickname: David Marais
Home Town: Midrand
Current 4x4: 1998 4.5 GL Patrol
2006 4.2 Td Bakkie (SWAMBO's) - The "Firetruck"
Home Language: English

Re: Nogsteeds die overheating probleem

Post by David M »

No plate.jpg
No plate.jpg (566.65 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
iandvl wrote:
David M wrote:Louis - I think 1 thing at a time or you will never know what caused it. Timing is done so carry some spanners on your trip. If it continues to heat up then remove those spots and see if that makes a difference.

I like Fanus's idea about doing the same as Michael and then put your number plate on hinges over the fairlead.
RE: The number plate on hinges over the fairlead. I'd be careful of doing this if the winch has synthetic rope. I've seen a few synthetic ropes chafe as a result of the number plate swinging back and forth. IIRC, Alex also may have had issues with this.

Edit: Looking at the photos, I see the winch has a cable and not synthetic rope. Still, something to keep in mind. :lol: :lol:
Flip up no plate holder and hook bungee to back of no plate holder and something on top........
There are still places out there!!!! - Daniel Goz - The "Tapam" movie

Return to “09. Engines”