nick vc
Full Name: Nichalas van coppenhagen
Nickname: nick vc
Home Town: Port Beaufort
Current 4x4: 2001 patrol 3.0 td grx
Home Language: english

Re: limp mode on 30 tdi

Post by nick vc »

Me AGAIN !! How do I showcase my trol ? Oom mac or anyone . Go easy I'm not that comp literate . :helpsign:
gupster
Full Name: Barry Guppy
Nickname: Baz
Home Town: Hibberdene
Current 4x4: 2001 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GRX
2005 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GR
Home Language: English

Post by gupster »

Hi Nick.
I have been following your thread with interest as I too have a 3.0 and have learned a lot from the boffins on this forum. There are other threads too with regard to the 3.0 and the power loss. I think you have to enter key words into the top right hand search box in order to find those threads. I also think the reason for the tel numbers looking unusual, a mixture of words (in this case Afrikaans) and numbers, is to stop random computer search programs from gleaning data, ie tel numbers, and using them for another agenda.
Showcasing your truck is really just sharing pictures with the forum as it adds another dimension to you and your ride, as do any trips and experiences you have had.
As far as the symptoms you are having with power loss, you will see that there are quite a few different causes experienced by some of the members here and you will probably have to seek professional advice after eliminating the basics.
Kind regards.
Barry
Have Troll, will travel.
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

nick vc wrote:Hi kagiso II and Tinus . My grenade exoploded with the previouse owner and the motor was overhauled and also the madman instaled . She doesnt smoke at all only on the few times when accelerating after a limp . So with my limited knowledge I cant see the pistons and rings being a prob otherwise it would smoke continualy ????? Stefan , what on earth is a can -bus module ? I realy am a total novice esp with a complicated diesel motor . Thanks in advance .
Hi Nick .. O K , let me explain better. The car limps because the sensors senses the OVER FUELLING .. that causes the diesel to flow past the rings and mix with the oil in the sump [CHECK your oil level .. if more than the hihg mark .. ] The culprit is the ECU the Madman does nothing to prevent that. It only reports exhaust gas temp reads
Now OVER TIME the thinner oil due to the diesel in it messes the rings . OVER Time the top of the cylinder burns through [tiny tiny tint moer klein hole or cracks result .. THEN the engine hand granades.

Let NISSAN run a scan on the engine and check the ECU -- Do a COMPRESSION test and triple check the opil in th esump.

The NISSN console should also indicate why the engine goes into limp .. the fault is stored in the ECU memory so the console must indicate the fault.\
WHO did the engine overhaul ?? maybe they bungled something electronic of so iets :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :confused: :confused:
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

I agree with Stefan too, Phone Frans. He is a legend on the diesels..... he helped me rebuild my 4.2 motor up here in Joburg from Cape Town via telephone !!!!
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
nick vc

Post by nick vc »

Halooo out there . Can someone tell me why the Lions did'nt go for the lineout and drive intead of Boshoffs dismall kick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????????? . Other than that , oom Mack my onlangse vrou het al die invoices etc van die werk op my Trol se engine . Ek sien wel in sy diens boek dat Bosch het haar (die trol :rolling: ) ge overhaul in 2008 op 165 000 km . Hy staan nou op 246 000 km . Het haar gevraa vir die papier werk . Ek gaan n afspraak maak met Mosselbaai Nissan more . Sal julle laat weet . Dankie vir die hulp so ver . Ps : Moet my afrikaans weer begin oefen voor ek weer Blou Bull wereld toe trek . :rolling:
Kagiso II
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Mac Mc Menamin
Nickname: Oom Mac [Uncle Mac] [Uncle] [Oompie] Kagiso
Home Town: BrentwoodPark, Benoni
Current 4x4: 1982 Datsun Safari 2,8 aka LOBO; [1,300,000 Km verby !]
'99 PATROL 4,2 diesel.
2012 Jimny [SWAMBO se Kantoor-toe]
Home Language: AFRIKAANS

Post by Kagiso II »

O K Nick .. kom oompie help jou gou reg: Ek het in Namakwaland grootgeword [tot 6'4" ] maar nooit groot nie.
Ek skree WP en STORMER of hulle wen of verloor. Ek simpatiseer met Cheeta's soos met Isuzu en weeskinders.
Ek het ewe min ooghare vir Sharks en Leeus
ek hou van die bulle so min as van mieliepap en ek hou van mieliepap so min as van hoendermis tussen my tone.
Ek hoe meer van Datsun Nissan se 4x4'e as van enige ander maak [behalwe Gelandewage .. wat ek nie kan bekostig nie]

Ek is ewe swak in Engels of Afrikaans te skryf ..,

Hoe om jou Patrol se prentjies hier te plak:
Net onder die 'frame' waarin jy "Post a reply" [of New Post] is 2 'tags' [OPTIONS en UPLOAD ATTACHMENT] klick op Upload Attachment"
Dan sien jy 'Filename: en langs dit "Browse" klick op 'Browse" -- die lei jou dan na n program wat amper soos Explorer werk, gaan na 'My Pictures' [of waar jy ookal jou prentjies bêre .. soek die prent [foto] kiekie picture pict photo .. wat jy hier wil wys. klick daarop. Gaan regs onder en klick "Open" DAN wys daai "filename" in die wit blokkie regs van "Browse" en langsaan dit is n blokkie "Add the filr" .. klick daarop
NOU WAG JY .. tot jou hele blad na bo spring .. "page down" of Scroll down" tot jy weer kom waar jy was toe jy "Add the file' geklick het .. NOU is die file name daar vertoot, en langsaan 'n blokkie wat sê "Place in line" .. VOOR jy daarop klick, gaan eers na die "post" [daar waar jy die boodskap tik .. sit dan die cursor waar jy wil he die foto moet wees -- NOU klick jy op "place in line.
Die file name is dan in hakies [brackets] daar geskryf .. nou klik jy gewoonweg op SUBMIT .. soos met n gewone boodskap .. en VOILA [WHALLAH} daar is jou post MET n foto by [ jy kan meer as een foto so op een post sit .. oppas vir TE VEEL want party ouens het nog stadige internet . dan vat die post laaaaaaaaaaaaaank om oop te maak .. ]

"NOTE:" tap spacebar OR enter twice between picts .. else they are all clustered up and not a pleasure to view ..\
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG (2.42 MiB) Viewed 3172 times

IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 3172 times
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG (1.92 MiB) Viewed 3172 times
Don't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Marino4x4
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: Marinus Potgieter
Nickname: Marino4x4
Home Town: Bloemfontein
Current 4x4: Nissan Patrol
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Marino4x4 »

Hi Nick

Totally something ells and of topic, but ware is Port Beaufort? I now only of Fort Beaufort. :think: :think:

:thumbup:
Patrol 4.5 GL 1998

Terrain 4X4 Parts
gupster
Full Name: Barry Guppy
Nickname: Baz
Home Town: Hibberdene
Current 4x4: 2001 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GRX
2005 Nissan Patrol 3.0 GR

Post by gupster »

Hi Nick. Have you downloaded the 3.0 D reference document? It explains, inter alia, how to bridge the connector under the steering wheel and read the computer fault codes . It also allows you to clear them so as old faults do not confuse you with later problems. I have found this to a very valuable tool on my 2001 3.0 D. The same document also says that the overboost and limp mode, if able to be corrected by releasing the accelerator and pressing down again, is one error that does not throw up an engine fault code. Does your Trolls engine light come on at all during the symptoms?
As I mentioned before, there was a thread on this recently and a lot of helpful information from the members. However, your symptoms seem a lot worse than any one else has experienced so the advice to seek professional help is very compelling.
Regards.
Have Troll, will travel.
nick vc

Post by nick vc »

Thanks Oom mac , Gupster and Marino
Firstly I made a booking with Moselbay Nissan , so will hopefully get pro help . Thier mechanic was very optimistic and gave me best case scenario and worse poss symptoms . I cant afford the worst case ones so heres hoping . No the engine light does'nt come on when I hit "limp " mode . Marino , Port Beaufort also known as Witsand is at the mouth of the Breede River . Population of 300 . Best estuary fishing in SA . Closest town is Heidleberg (cape ) 48 km .

Kagiso , you WP supporters are everywhere . I drove past a farm proudly flying a stormers flag on the banks of the Limpopo river near Platjan opposite the Tuli Block last year . Temp was 48 degrees c @ 12 , 35 @ 9.30 pm that night . Would rather have had hoender mis and pap for supper than those temps without aircon . Will attempt uploading pics . Thanks .
Tinus lotz
Full Name: Tinus lotz
Nickname: Tinus lotz
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Nissan patrol 4.8 GRX 2005

Toyota 2.7 legend 35 LWB 4X4
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Tinus lotz »

Well.....hope those stealers know what they are doing .....lot of guys has had problems with stealers that dont know that engine and then it goes boem :surprised:
Frans can sort you out also give him a call better to speak to the pro....keep us updated :salute:

Return to “09. Engines”