What fuel for TB45E?

Engines and Engine Systems
tour de frans
Patrolman
Patrolman

Re: What fuel for TB45E?

Post by tour de frans »

You're welcome Gerrit.
Yes the TB45E came with no lamda sensor or cat.There for useing the wrong fuel or LRP can not dammage the sensor/s and cat converters.

For what it's worth:Leaded fuel will run a car just as good as un-leaded fuel,but if the car is fitted with a lamda and or cat it will damage them.Allso a lamda vehicle do not need a cat.You find vehicles with one lamda only and a vehicle with one lamda and a cat/converter ,and a car with two lamdas and a cat.

The lamda only car,tell the ecu what to do with the fuel when part throttle.(close loop).At wot(wide open throttle) the ecu dont look at the lamda,it fuel the car with other sensors and the map in the ecu.Those sensors are "infront "of the engine.
The car with a lamda and cat,are the same.The cat only reburn the gas.

The two car lamda with the cat work almost the same.(There are vehicles with 4 lamdas,they have split exhaust systems.)
One lamda are infront off the cat and the other after the cat.The lamda look at via the ecu the gas out off the engine,the gas reburn in the cat and the second lamda look at the reburned gas and let the ecu know that he is spot on or not.
These sensors and cats do not like lead.

Some new models create a small backfire into the exhaust to get the cat going.How's that for a clever ecu.
I am off the mark here,but ecu's are getting better and better.They not only control fuel and timing anymore,they turn your radiator fan on,They can create a missfire,apply brakes,close the throttle when your foot is still flat,they tell you what is wrong and many more.
Imagine they crash like most computers do,how many people will be stuck,or in trouble for that matter.
Rdgs
Frans :thumbup:
Gu y61 wagon- 6.0L chevy
Gu y61 pickup- 6.2L chevy

Tour de frans - het niks met n bicycle uit te waai nie.
Gerrit Loubser
Full Name: Gerrit Loubser
Nickname: Gerrit Loubser
Home Town: Richards Bay
Current 4x4: None
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Gerrit Loubser »

Thanks Frans :wink: .
Gerrit Loubser

2003 Land Cruiser 100 VX TD
1999 Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T ("Imvubu") - GONE; Go well Old Girl :-(
2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T - GONE; One of the best cars I ever had :-(
1996 Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T - SOLD
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

I have tried 93 LRP and ULP and also 95 ULP and felt no difference in performance or consumption. The only difference is down at the coast - but this has not a lot to do with the fuel.
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
JG Shields
Patrolman
Patrolman
Full Name: JG Shields
Nickname: JG
Home Town: Pretoria
Current 4x4: Toyota Land Cruiser 105 GX 4500 EFi

Post by JG Shields »

I just arrived back from the Eastern Cape (Cannon Rocks), camping there for a few days. Lasarus was packed to the brim and pulled a heavy trailer. I tried the octane from Cradock down hill to the coast, driving at the coast and all the way back to Bloemfontein where I filled with 93 again. I am disappointed with the 95 in my 4.8. Although it is only my "gat-so-meter" (compliments of JohnDough) reading, my car is more responsive with 93. Consumption - difficult to tell with the trailer on and off. However, it also seems as if the 93 is doing better.
Patrol fan!

Return to “09. Engines”