Danger Windscreens!!

Showcase your baby
Andre Steyn
Full Name: Steyn
Nickname: Andre
Home Town: Rustenburg
Current 4x4: 99 Nissan Patrol Y61 4.2 Turbo intercooled Station wagon or Nissan patrol 4.2tdi pick up and now wifey's 2007 4.8 grx added to the family
Home Language: Afrikaans

Danger Windscreens!!

Post by Andre Steyn »

Afternoon everyone just a notice on windscreens for patrols take care and note there is a poor quality option opted for by insurance companies "BENSON AUTOGLAS" upon fitment of this glas to 2of my trols it was found that size curve and correct fitment was not possible water leaks wind noise and higher than acceptable engine noise through glas was noted and now even on my 3rd trol same glass was used again. PLEASE INSIST ON GENUINE SHATTERPRUFE OR ORIGINAL NISSAN WINDSCREENS. First time right after fitment of the original screens.
Michael
Full Name: Michael
Nickname: Steyn
Home Town: Centurion
Current 4x4: Patrol GU 4.2 Turbo Diesel

Re: Danger Windscreens!!

Post by Michael »

Andre, are those "poor quality" windshield SABS approved? If they do not display the SABS approved mark it will be understandable.
I use a comapny called "Centurion Auto Glass" and in the last 4 years now have fitted all my vehicles windshield and they also use an aftermarket brand, but all their glass has the trusty SABS mark and I never had any problems so far.

Thanks for the heads up!
"The Just shall live by Faith" Rom1:17

Check out my build here My Patrol
And my engine rebuild here mostly engine related stuff
Andre Steyn
Current 4x4: 99 Nissan Patrol Y61 4.2 Turbo intercooled Station wagon or Nissan patrol 4.2tdi pick up and now wifey's 2007 4.8 grx added to the family

Post by Andre Steyn »

Hi Michael they actually are sabs approved but despite that still sub standard, I spoke to the lady at Glasfit and according to her there is a bulletin out on the patrols about this Benson branded glas I've had issues with that brand glass on all the trols now even the new member of the family, also had Benson fitted before delivery and its not good at all. Wind noise poor beading seal and alignment.
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

Op my Patrol is die venster ook vervang en hulle het die panel tussen die venster en die bonnet afgehaal en terug gesit sonder die rubber seals by die skroewe en toe vind ek uit dat dit lek binne die Patrol as dit reen.

Ek het gom onder die panel by die skoewe se gate gesit en nou lek dit nie meer as dit reen nie!
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
Andre Steyn

Post by Andre Steyn »

Dit wil vir my wragtig voorkom dat die installeerders nie ñ idee het om patrol ruite reg in te sit nie!

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”