Full Name: SJC
Nickname: Fanus
Home Town: Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 4.2 GQ (TB42)
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Re: My Patrol Pickup thread...

Post by SJC »

SJC wrote:
Peter Connan wrote:Therefore, the 4.8's standard recovery points should fit.They use the same bolt holes that hold the plate under the radiator. You can buy them from Nissan for about R550 each, and I promise they are stronger than anything you can buy anywhere else.
Is there a difference between in this recovery hook and the navara's recovery hook? Because I can get a navara's hook for free, but I don't know if it will fit, or if it would be strong enough?
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 SGL
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon
Home Language: English

Post by Russ Kellermann »

SJC - The Pickup is coming on nicely bud! Practical Mods that work, thats what its about.

As for the hook, not sure. Any pics of the Navara's hook? .... In myopinion, unless one can be 100 % sure of somethings safety i just dont install it. Get your local steel shop to supply you with some 14-16mm plate and make your own using the bolt holes pictured with the "Yellow" recovery hook. easy as that. Make two of them and then you have recovery on both sides, halving the force on each during a recovery.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
Peter Connan
Full Name: Peter Connan
Nickname: Piet
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1996 Patrol 4.5SGL
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Peter Connan »

Sorry, I have no idea what the Navara's hook looks like.
Mag ons ons kenniskry met lekkerkry aanhoukry.
Dewald
Full Name: Dewald Johannes Maree
Nickname: Dewald
Home Town: Rustenburg
Current 4x4: 2004 Nissan Patrol 3.0 DI GRX
2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dci Kingcab
2013 Nissan Patrol 4.8 Grx
2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8 Grx
Home Language: Afrikaans

Post by Dewald »

I took pics of the hook on my Patrol. It seem that both types can be fitted to mine, but only the right side can take the plate type point as there are no nuts in the left side holes. There is holes with thread for the hook type points on both sides.

SJC
Was that price Nissan quoted you for the hook type one? That is crazy never mind what type it is. I thought it would be relatively cheap.
SJC
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+

Post by SJC »

Here is the part number for the hook they quoted me on: 51110VC205. Maybe someone else can comment if it is the right one, cause Nissan's guys seemed a bit confused whether it s the correct hook or not.

Nissan Barberton price was R610, but the price difference does not justify the extra diesel to travel there. Nissan Lydenburg is not interested in sending me a quote. I even contacted the parts manager after the sales guy did not respond. Still no quote.
NIssan Witbank also did not respond to my quotation request.
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

Post by Russ Kellermann »

Nissan are Pathetic... with everything.... simple.as.that. Most unprofessional company i have ever dealt with,...ever. Its a Pity the Patrol is so good, otherwise i would have ditched these idiots long ago and bought a toyota land cruiser.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

SJC wrote:Here is the part number for the hook they quoted me on: 51110VC205. Maybe someone else can comment if it is the right one, cause Nissan's guys seemed a bit confused whether it s the correct hook or not.

Nissan Barberton price was R610, but the price difference does not justify the extra diesel to travel there. Nissan Lydenburg is not interested in sending me a quote. I even contacted the parts manager after the sales guy did not respond. Still no quote.
NIssan Witbank also did not respond to my quotation request.
I have sent this through to Nissan SA via the Nissan Off Road Club, as we love our vehicles, but sometimes I believe Nissan SA is unaware of some of the issues with some of the dealerships. Please le us know if there is a response from the dealerships that ignored you. The main guy at Nissan SA that deals with these problems is usually very swift in dealing with the dealerships that don't perform.
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
SJC
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+

Post by SJC »

I noticed that my bakkie's front right wheel arch is about 3cm lower than the front left arch. Rear right is 1cm lower than rear left.
I read in another thread that front right coil springs is suppose to be slightly higher(longer) to counter the weight of driver and diesel tanks. And usually when they get swapped at installation it can cause the vehicle to be lower on the right?

But as far as I know my vehicle still got the original coils fitted. So what can cause this?
Does shocks, or worn shocks play a role in vehicle height. In other words if right hand side shock is more worn than left, would it cause vehicle to be lower on right? (My front shocks definitely needs to be replaced).
IanT
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Ian Temperley
Nickname: IanT (aka) "The Joker"
Home Town: JHB
Current 4x4: 1995 GQ 4.2 Petrol (Turbo Charged) (Hell Boy)
2008 4.8 GRX Umkombe

Post by IanT »

Hi Fanus, just had the same thing on my son's "new" 1995 model Disco 1 when I got it for him the right (drivers) side was lower then the left! front and rear shocks where finished and so where the front coils, I have now put in new shocks all round and I put in newish coils from a Defender 90 now the right side sits 1-2cm higher than the left. Only problem is the front now sits 2-3 cm higher than the rear!! (my own stupid fault! Disco rear end is much heavier than a 90!!) but will change them to the correct ones! :redface:

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”