If NSA won't advertise the Patrol Pickup..... I WILL.

Showcase your baby
SJC
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: SJC
Nickname: Fanus
Home Town: Nelspruit
Current 4x4: 4.2 GQ (TB42)
Home Language: Afrikaans/English

Re: If NSA won't advertise the Patrol Pickup..... I WILL.

Post by SJC »

Was both sets of photos, 285 & 235's, taken with the original patrol rims on?
1996 Nissan Patrol 4.2 SGL
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon
Home Language: English

Re: If NSA won't advertise the Patrol Pickup..... I WILL.

Post by Russ Kellermann »

No.. The pics on the first page of this thread were on Trail Duster/Pro White type rims (16" 7j ZERO Offset)... horrible rims that couldnt seem to handle the weight of the patrol as they seemed to develop a hop and a mild buckle every so often.

Pics of my 285's on my Nissan rims are on the other thread, which you've seen.

I soon found a guy in a small town outside CT selling Original Patrol Steel Rims (16" 6.5j ZERO Offset) - purchased in mint condition for R2500 for 5 Rims..!!! (Over R3000.00 per Rim from Nissan Dealerships)

Anyway, the rest is history... i sand Blasted them and Hammerited them in my usual way (See other thread of mine elsewhere on this forum for the process)..

Like i've mentioned before,... the Nissan Rim sits perfectly on the Patrol and seems to run beautifully. I immediately had the pleasure of no steering wobbles (of course this is coupled to very good optimised tyre balancing to limit the tolerance as much as possible).. and the rims are still absolutely perfectly straight with zero negative effects after some hard use.

They are MUCH stronger and heavier than generic steel rims... and i would liken them to the same strength as the 80 Series Cruiser steel rims... which i considered purchasing at one point due to their robust design.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.

Return to “08a. Your Patrol”