Full Name: Gerrit Loubser
Nickname: Gerrit Loubser
Home Town: Richards Bay
Current 4x4: None
Home Language: Afrikaans

Re: Diesel problems???

Post by Gerrit Loubser »

Eish guys. :surprised:

Is this not just a misunderstanding that could be cleared up by having a telephonic chat? It often is difficult to express oneself adequately by means of a post, so something that would have been a non-issue in a person-to-person conversation could become a confrontational situation in cyber space.

Over the couple of years that I have been a member here I have really enjoyed the easy going nature of the forum and the way that everybody has really tried to help their fellow Patrollers. Frans and Russ, both of you guys have made tremendous contributions here and actually epitomize what I said in the previous sentence.

Would you guys not please consider the possibility that this is a misunderstanding and try to work things out? :pray:
Gerrit Loubser

2003 Land Cruiser 100 VX TD
1999 Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T ("Imvubu") - GONE; Go well Old Girl :-(
2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T - GONE; One of the best cars I ever had :-(
1996 Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T - SOLD
Herrie
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Kobus Pienaar
Nickname: Herrie
Home Town: Kempton Park
Current 4x4: 1999 Patrol 4500e GRX
1983 Datsun Safari

Post by Herrie »

Stem saam met Gerrit :oldtimer:
Herrie op Safari/Patrollie
1983 Safari
1999 Patrol 4500 GRX
riaanvdw
Full Name: Riaan van der Walt
Nickname: Riaan
Home Town: Naboomspruit
Current 4x4: Bmw 330d (not a 4x4)

Post by riaanvdw »

Frans drew first blood...WTF? :think:
martyn
Full Name: Charles Fry
Nickname: Charlie
Home Town: Robertson
Current 4x4: Patrol 4.5
Home Language: English

Post by martyn »

Hey guys, this is a forum for people with the same interests at heart, lets not get het-up and pull out of it. both have always had valid comments in the past. Like Gerrit said, lets keep it cool. :mytwocents:
Diem Dulcem Habes
Have a good day
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

Post by Russ Kellermann »

Gentlemen,I am really frustrated with this as i find myself in a battle of principals now. I am a very easy going person and i always look for the humour and/or light side of a heated debate, taking into account how others may react and often amending my words before posting in order to dowse any such fire .

However, im not a person to simply take it on the chin when im told to " come talk shit to" someone, and i believe that none of you would accept such a derogatory statement should the shoe be on the other foot. I found that extremely distasteful on an otherwise charming site, filled with best wishes,camaraderie and fantastic technical support, always making sure a Topic is maintained in a savoury fashion. Furthermore, i feel my response to Frans's post was fair and due, and i belived all my points made were legitimate.

The most important line in all this, as far as im concerned, is the following...
tour de frans wrote: het ek persoonlike ondervinding gehad, Niks uit n boek of hoor-se nie.
Because it supports the crucial point i made in my last post.

Frans,(i say this as a friend and not as an attack), you have the knowledge, all the experience as a mechanic, and have proven history unmatched by most on this forum and yet you refused to share this at a time when it was most needed, had you posted something in regard to the topic instead, we would all be richer for it, and i believe this would have negated any confrontation .

Frans,I have always respected your input (view all my previous posts in this respect) but i feel the attack on me was unfounded, particularly if you were not to support your own convictions with said literature.

However, regardless of what has now been said, i would like to invite you to join me and wipe the slate clean. I still believe you have much to offer here and i would like you to stay. I joined this forum for the bests parts of it, and i believe your advice and friendship is a part thereof.

Regards
Russ.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
tour de frans
Patrolman
Patrolman

Post by tour de frans »

Good Day all forum members
My appology for my action regarding my post to Russ. Yes I took first blood with reason.
Russ please accept my apology for what I said. You ticked me off, and here's the reason why.

I asked you what is a Nads. Both you and grootseun came with a answer, that to me dont fit Nads. I start to think I missed something, maybe the nads is a pair of guages and blanked off egr. I still do not know. But surely anti detonation dont fit that. What ticked me off where your post after Grootseun. He did not answer wrong, that is what a 3l owner need to do to prevent engine failure. But that did not answer my question, yet you came with a funny comeback. (to me you were laughing at me for what Grootseun said.) and to me you were both off the mark. None off you helped me regarding my question. If that were your answer, I clearly understood wrong.I do not know what a NADS is. For a diesel? If a Nads can fit a petrol, I can understand why. But still would like to know how it works. (dont tell me it's a oil catch can with guages...)then the name is wrong.
The long and short, I were not out to find the wrong in a post. I am the first to help were I can with a vehicle. I also learn by that. I would have given a logic answer to the first question if I understood the Nads, to join in with your answer to Newlimb. If I did understood you and Grootseun's answer, I properly would not said a thing.
If I read your answer wrong, I am sorry for that.
Thank you for inviting me back to this great forum.
Rdgs
Frans
Gu y61 wagon- 6.0L chevy
Gu y61 pickup- 6.2L chevy

Tour de frans - het niks met n bicycle uit te waai nie.
Dr Chris
Full Name: Chris van Selm
Nickname: Chris
Home Town: Malkerns. Swaziland
Current 4x4: PATROL 4800 GRX 2004
Home Language: English/Afrikaans

Post by Dr Chris »

Hi All,
I have read this several times and do not wish to become involved, other than to express my personal vulnerability in putting to scribe any future issues that are shared in this excellent forum. In my humble opinion, and noting that I am not mechanically minded, I enjoy the privelege of being part of, and amongst you all, because of the immense value and learning curves that are offered by so many experts, and the shear comaradie that is evident.
Regrettably such uncomfortable debate has now been brought to the fore (in the Notice Board column as well), and we must never forget that this forum is disseminated worldwide too.
It will definitely affect my participation, (and particularly my acute awareness of my own limited level of patrol knowledge), into the future that has sensitised me?
I sincerely hope that we can facilitate a way forward?
Regards and best wishes to you all,
Chris.
PS: I have deliberately expressed this in English because of the dissemination.
ricster
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Cedric Warner
Nickname: Cedric
Home Town: Alberton Gauteng
Current 4x4: '99 Nissan Patrol 4.2 Turbo Diesel
Location: LA..... No not Los Angles ..... Lower Alberton, Gauteng

Post by ricster »

I am pleased that this has been resolved and that we ( The Patrol forum ) is back on track.

There will be times where so many people, with different languages and writing styles will say ( write ) something and the other person will hear ( read) it and 2 completely different ways/understanding can come out of it....... I can joke around with my wife " I'm going to smack your butt", when she wants to take me clothes shopping for her :rolling: :rolling: .... and I can aggressively say to my son " I'm going to smack you bum" when he is naughty and I'm cross with him....... BUT often this all can get lost if we don't hear the words. I think this is what happened and it just snowballed into this.

I have loads of respect for both Frans and Russ, and I'm sure heads will get bumped again.... but what is great about this forum is that this very seldom happens.... so well done and respect to both of you!! WE HAVE A GREAT FORUM HERE !!!

Ok its overs..... now lets get back to the point WHAT IS A BLARRIE NADS???.... :rolling: :rolling:
Regards
Cedric
Nissan Patrol GL 4.2 Diesel Turbo (Iron Maiden)
Nissan SANI 3.0 V6 4x4 (SOLD)
Isuzu KB 280 DT 2x4 ('ol Smokey) - SOLD
Suzuki TL 1000R "V twin" (Growler) - SOLD
Russ Kellermann
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Russell Kellermann
Nickname: Russell Kellermann
Home Town: Cape Town now, grew up on the Wild Coast.
Current 4x4: 2007 Patrol 4.2D Pickup
2005 Patrol 4.2TD Wagon

Post by Russ Kellermann »

Gentlemen, Thank you for all the concerns regarding myself and frans.

Frans, Thank you. I would like to emphasise that i was not making fun of your question in any way, and i see now that Gerrit was correct, it was a misunderstanding in its truest form. I will endeavour to answer your question more clearly. My intention was not to upset you .

I believe we can still add something of value to NEWLIMB's thread on the subject, and invite all and sundry to share their thoughts. I am going to try and find positive literature on the NADS topic in the mean time, frans, i think you have some very important personal experiences that Newlimb could learn from before he makes a desicion to purchase a diesel vehicle, add that to this thread, and lets all show him how cool this forum can really be.

Thanks chaps.
'07 Patrol Pickup TD42 N/A,285's KM2,3" Lift,ONCA Bars,Warn High Mount,Alu Canopy, and some other Stuff.
Jules
Patrolman 1000+
Patrolman 1000+
Full Name: Julius
Nickname: Jules
Home Town: Rietjiesvlei, Zoeloeland
Current 4x4: Pathfinder
GQ Patrol
Home Language: AFR

Post by Jules »

NADS = Nissan Advanced Drinking Society QQQ , this was formed in the early 2003 and 2004 when the previous diesel 3.0L went boom on owners it automatically drove the vehicle owners to liquor to cope with the huge financial loss. Then Nissan Headoffice started replacing the engines to put a halt to abusive husbands, this in turn changed it to NADS = Nissan Anti Drinking Syndrome which in turn made the wives and children happy because they had a loving father back in the house.

I am extremely glad you guys put the " strydbyl" aside, I remember in my early days on the forum I also stepped through sarcasm on Grant's toe's unintentional but so one learn that humour for one will not be seen in the same light by another.

Shalom
Walk by FAITH not by sight
2014 Pathfinder 2.5 LE
Stofpad 4x4 Bashplate
42&60L Snomaster Freezer/Fridge
Buzzard Industries Overlander Trailer

Return to “02. WWW Notice Board”